Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DCDGC Tournaments

Default Re: DCDGC Tournaments

I don't think I will be able to make it but I will ask the question anyway. Why wouldn't the payout be based on the amount of people that participate? I think Jeremy pays out 100% of what comes in but isn't there some rules that the PDGA has in place for payouts. Wouldn't you determine payouts based on those rules?
    Jason Van Over

The LDGC pays out 100% after expenses. We always try to get some added cash thru donations to sweeten the pot. You can go to the PDGA site and download a chart that spells out recommended payouts based on the number of entrys in the event.

Sorry, I meant LDGC. I have only played in 2 tournaments and Jeremy ran both of them.
    Jason Van Over

Limited funds and no sponsors. This one in March was thrown together quickly. We'll be going all out for the one in August.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

The reason for the Pre-set Payouts is due to us only having about $150 in our club funds, we will actually spend around $100 of that plus up to $500 from the parks dept. to get our first shipment of discs. This tournament was created not for us to make any money, but to have money to put back into disc golf, no one person will make a cent off of it. Sorry for any confusion, we will try to meet the PDGA recommendations as best as financially possible. As JHenson stated the DC Open will be the premier event for us and that is what the majority of the sponsor money will go towards.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at
    http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

i was wanting to play but was wondering is the pro payout going to be 100%. i hope to make it.
    themick

Quote Originally Posted by EagleFan05
    The reason for the Pre-set Payouts is due to us only having about $150 in our club funds, we will actually spend around $100 of that plus up to $500 from the parks dept. to get our first shipment of discs. This tournament was created not for us to make any money, but to have money to put back into disc golf, no one person will make a cent off of it. Sorry for any confusion, we will try to meet the PDGA recommendations as best as financially possible. As JHenson stated the DC Open will be the premier event for us and that is what the majority of the sponsor money will go towards.
    Don't worry! At ALL!

The tournement WILL pay for it's self. I promise. If the park is donating cash for the discs you guys should be in GREAT shape.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

DCDGC, if you guys need any help down there, you know the free back breaking labor type, feel free to give me a shout, I'd love to come down and help you guys out... good work.

As far as i know the pro payout will be 100%, but i'm not sure. Dutch Napier is actually running this tournament, i just filled out the sanctioning agreement because he didnt have his TD license yet. He has taken the test and will have his license before the tournament. A flyer has been posted on our website for the March tourney and it has his phone information if anyone wants to call him. Thanks for all the support, we are trying our best to make this club something great.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at
    http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

Yellow Creek 27 hole course is awesome... I would know because I tied the record for that layout -15 with Dean Tanock, The original 18 is very fun. Just watch for OB's, theres alot of OB on the original 18. The other 9 is Long and wide open mostly. I would recommend that anybody that hasnt played Yellow Creek to go play it as soon as possible!!!
    Mark "Buzzz-B" McAlister
    Check out this web site for info on Gateway discs!!!
    http://www.gdstour.com

Thread Information