Thread: Automobile help

Default Automobile help

Does anyone know somebody who had a van for sale? Or maybe a mechanic who could handle a transmission job for a 98 Ford Contour V6 2.5L. it's not the sensors or any of that (so they say). They want to rebuild it. The tranny went out (D is gone but 1st and 2nd are still there) in my car almost a month ago. Now that Christmas is over with, I'm trying to get squared up on my transportation issues. I sent it to the shop yesterday only to be quoted an estimate of $1,800-$2,400 For that price, I can replace the whole car. Besides, I've kinda outgrown it and a van or smaller SUV would suit me better. Anyone have connections? I'm not too picky of looks, just need something reliable for awhile. A cheap minivan would be ideal, but 4 doors is a must. It's me, my wife, and the 2 youngin's that are both in car seats. HELP!!!!!!!

Default Re: Automobile help

My Dad has a shop, a junk yard, and sells used cars in Brandenburg. Give him a call...he MAY be able to help you with one or the other. He is A LOT more resonable than anyone you'll find in da' Ville.

Watts Auto Salvage
    Jeff Watts
    (270)422-2409
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

My bro is a mechanic for Neil Huffman. You can give him a call and get a price from him. He will do the work on the side not thru Neil Huffman. His name is Tommy and his number is 500-8805.
    USE LIFE TO PROVIDE SOMETHING THAT OUTLASTS IT!!!!

Another brother Nate? Please tell me you guys aren't triplets, two is bad enough!

Kenny Westermen of Owensboro was selling a white & green older full sized Astro Van.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

Thanks for the help, guys. I sent my car to another shop in the south end who is doing the work for, what he said, $1,400 MAX. I hope for under that, but who knows. I think I still need a van, but I'll have to wait for business to pick back up till I can afford one. What a kick ass disc golf community we have here in Louisville and the surrounding! Thanks again!

Thread Information