Thread: Officers Meeting

Default Officers Meeting

Your club officers had a meeting tonight(Sun) to go over the goals and set the agenda for the upcoming year. I think it was a constructive meeting that will set the tone for the 2008 season. The open meeting will be held on the 27th of Jan at 3pm. We will meet at Roosters on Preston Hwy, the site of the former Ryans. We also want a new club logo to start out the new year. We want a classy, artful logo that would be appropriate for a disc or t-shirt. We want to open the field for artwork to be used as our new logo. Anyone may submit an idea for the new logo, and the winner will be voted on by the club membership. The winner will receive a free entry into the tournament of your choice in 2008. The tourny must be one run by the LDGC, and must be a singles event not a doubles. Entries should be in color and should reflect our club and the community in some way. When the new logo is voted upon, we will have mini's printed up with the new artwork, and each dues paying member for 2008 will receive a mini for joining the LDGC, each member for 2008 will also be issued an ID card that will recognize that person as a member of the LDGC. Each member will receive a $1 discount on league play and a $1 discount on any disc sale. If you play in 10 league events thru the year, you have made your dues back in savings. We have set high goals for the upcoming year and we will need your help to see them come true.

Default Re: Officers Meeting

Thank you Steve for the timely submission of the officer's meeting decisions.

With regard to the Club Logo. Can the submission of an entry be rendered via autocad and posted? Or does the logo need to designed by hand? I have a simple empression in mind and can generate it via autocad. Your comment would be appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

Drive Long, Putt Short and Leave a Good-Looking Scorecard...

ed - dro "Over & Out"

Hitchhiking Across the Galazy
    HitchHiking Across The Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Thank you Steve for the timely submission of the officer's meeting decisions.

With regard to the Club Logo. Can the submission of an entry be rendered via autocad and posted? Or does the logo need to designed by hand? I have a simple empression in mind and can generate it via autocad. Your comment would be appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

Drive Long, Putt Short and Leave a Good-Looking Scorecard...

ed - dro "Over & Out"

Hitchhiking Across the Galazy
    I would think that electronic submissons would be prefered. If you design something in autoCAD you could maybe make it into a PDF so that everyone without autoCAD can view it.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I think we should vote on this at the open meeting in early march or late feb. That way
    we can tell everyone about the competition at the Jan. open meeting.

2008 looks to be a great year. I hope some new and old faces join us in putting
    Louisville on the disc golf map.
    Take care everyone.

Thread Information