Thread: Shoes

Default Shoes

I am looking at buying a new pair of shoes for dics golf purpose only.... I had some bites but I wasnt as impressed with them as I thought I would have been...

anyone have any suggestions, or what does everyone else wear/enjoy....

Default Re: Shoes

I wore a hole in the toe of my Bites in three months. They're not made for disc golf. I'm wearing waterproof Navados right now. If you wear out shoes as quick as I do, anything cheap and waterproof is what you need.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

LDGC Public Relations

i wear etnies - usually can get a cheap pair at sporting good stores like dicks's for about 40 bucks

skate shoes have great grip on the pads, a big rubber toe for longer damage control, downside is no grip when you are in the mud and muck

I've had my Bite's for about a year and they're still in OKAY shape.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I went through 2 pairs of shoes (right toe on both pairs) in 2 months when I was throwing only sidearm. They were both running shoes so they had no toe guard. I bought a pair of water resistant hiking shoes from Kohls for $30. They have the same plastic type piece that goes over the toe like Bite shoes. I can't remember the name but it has a small orange mountain on them and they are grey with blue mesh. I threw sidearm only for a month or so after that and I could barely see any scuff marks on the toe.

Bite shoes are only hiking shoes marketed to disc golfers. Try to find disc golf on their website. I can't find them.
    Jason Van Over

They sold bite to crocs. bite specialized in golf shoes. I contacted them about my shoes and told them Larry Bledsoe was getting replacements from Shawn Sinclare. Basically it was a sponsored thing and they told me I can't get replacements because it was normal wear. Then he listened to me rant for thirty minutes about the irony of a shoe made for disc golf that couldn't stand u;p to disc golf wear!?!?!
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

I got a pair of timberlines kind of a all purpose hiking shoe and the feel great. With all the wet weather we have been having the extra grip has been nice. At the same time the feel great on the concrete tee pads.

Thread Information