Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dec 1 meeting recap

Default Dec 1 meeting recap

17 people showed up for the Dec 1 meeting at Jims.

The following items were discussed:

The LDGC has a balance of around $900 at years end, up 90% from 2006, way to go guys! An exact amount can be found in the treasurers report. These funds will be carried into 2008 and go toward insurance, added cash, website fees, etc...

There is still a need for people to take the TD test, the LDGC will reimburse anyone who wants to do so. Our goals for 2008 are for a different person to run each of the 4 LDGC events. CV is taken care of already by Jeremy.

The officers for 2008 will remain the same for the most part, as agreed on at the meeting, however we do need a VP. Sweat was nominated, but is reluctant. Any other nominations and seconds will be considered as well.

Muldraugh is almost done, thanks to the workers that showed up for teepad help. Another day is need to finish some work on the signs.

The LDGC has merchandice for sale, mostly discs. These will be available and various events at good prices.

Tournaments will be able to be paid for online sometime in the upcoming season. The PDGA is making a process that will allow for all tournaments to be able to be paid for in advance.

There is the need for a PR person. This is someone who will contact the media outlets and inform them of the disc golf events in our area.

That sums up most of what was discussed. 2008 looks to be a great year for disc golf in Louisville. Our 2008 LDGC membership drive will kick off at the first of the year. We will further discuss more details concerning this.

I am working on the bag tag rules. Trying to keep them simple. I have a habit of complicating things. Hopefully the rules will be posted this week. I am ordering 50 tags to start. I plan on using a PBL or IceBowl day as a starting number tourney and will occur in January when the tags come in. The lowest score will get #1 and then work the way down the numbers until it gets to me the highest score.
    Jason Van Over

this year the club needs to write by laws, they need to do it be fore the end of this year, and the paying members should all have a vote and it is the responsibility of the club to make the elections available to all its members, funny how quickly it went back to the way it was b4. it started off well but slowly regressed to its previous state. im not paying another cent for membership, or to anything raising $ for this club untill they do what was supposed to be done last year. what did the L>D>G>C> do this past year that was different than the year b4? Jeremey worked hard as allways, sure people helped him, but if i could id get my $ back for my membership! seems like the mess. board is the only thing we got, and it was there b4. so what did we get???? doesnt anyone else give a SMURF.
    NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

2 port a pots at CV
    3 new water coolers that have been used at tournaments
    paid for all the scorecards, scoreports, and all other tournament supplies
    $250 park fee at each tournament event
    got some of the bridge work done with bink.
    had a meeting with metro parks.
    muldraugh is now 90% done
    paid for this website
    paid for an upgrade so we could have all these fancy avatars.
    paid for about two hours of website work
    paid for insurance that covers all tournaments, leagues, and other
    club fund raising events.
    paid for all that fancy yellow rope that was all over c.v. (don't worry
    it will be put to use at the tournament I run in 2008)
    sure i left some stuff out.

Various club members paid for bridge wood, paint, basket parts, mulch
    and rope.

Did I mention the two port a pots?

well allow me to retort....
    ok port o pots are cool, muldraugh? is that louisville? cmon sam. i know bout the rope i helped put most of it down, alot of it was thrown away an most of the flags that scott bought. insurance/ park fee? didnt the club, or the $ from the events take care of that b4, a meeting with the parks? one? for the year? one witch nearly nothing was achieved but a line of communication? it takes a year to establish a line of communication?wheres the bridge work?, i know what you and i did, and what jerry did the year b4, i didnt get paid nothin nor would i expect payment, but if we paid, wheres the bridge? the original budget was supposed to cover that right, wheres that $? hmmm.. no one knows... its a mystery! avatars? do we need em ? no! are they cool? YES~! sure you can account for the $, which is more than the years previous(thank you)
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

No the money from the events does not cover park fees or insurance. It could. Then our tournaments would be on par with HB's who take out every expense and deducts it from the am payout. Ask anyone around and they will say the LDGC has the best payouts around. I played in HB"s tournament 6th out of 20 people, cashed but didn't even get paid one DX disc. I had to cough up $1.00 for a disc.

The club does not have to do this. This is actually not the way most tournaments are run. All expenses are taken out of the purse. The LDGC does this out of kindness.

Muldraugh is not a Louisville course but was started by former members of the club. Steve really wanted to finish this course so we can show the city we can accomplish things. I agree with him. LDGC provided labor only for this the rest was paid for by Eddie and the city of Muldraugh. I suggest if you don't like this just don't play Mulrdaugh.

The yellow rope is sleeping in my garage.

I remained the treasurer because the checking account is under my social security number. Steve remained president because nobody else has offered their services. Only 17 people showed up for the meeting. You were invited. It was a great time and we spent all our time having fun and getting to know each other not planning our take over of Louisville disc golf.

sam once again you have proved to be a great treasurer! i had a few questions i got a few answers, thanks didnt mean to sound like janet jackson, talk'n' bout "what have you done for me lately"
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

Thanks for the kind words Sparrow. I am looking forward to a great 2008.
    One thing the club did not do this year was put money into the pro purses at the tournaments. This was changed with the new officers. Everyone agreed the club should be spending it's money on disc golf related things not pro purses. That is what I wanted to change the most.

I want huge pro purses but a specified league or fundraiser should be done to achieve that goal. The club's money should be reserved for keeping Louisville disc golf alive and well.

Muldraugh when finished will no longer be involved with the Louisville club. I do agree with Steve on this. We started it, we should finish it.

Take care everyone.

D
    Think Blue 11/04/08

I say "great job" to all you louisville guys who put all the hard work in for your club. I dont know of any other city in this state or area who put on as many tournaments, or league events as you all do. I would be very grateful to be a part of a club as dedicated as you all are. Keep up the good work.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at
    http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

Thread Information