Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More E-bay Items!!!

I would be curious on how many pro level players does Gateway have outside of the St. Louis area. It doesn't seem that they have anyone that is not a personal friend of Dave McCormick. I think he has himself listed as a sponsered pro as well. If the player pool is limited then you wouldn't get the top players.

His marketing seems sound. Its just like Christianity - target children and youth and they will grow in the church. Gateway targets beginners and have them get so used to using your product that you wouldn't want to throw something else. Much like Innova in Louisville. There are 4 places to buy in Louisville. Dicks, Play it Again and Daves (when it is open). 3 of them are Innova only. New players are more than likely going to use Innova because it is accessible. Gateway, and other companies, need to be more accessible.
    Jason Van Over

Default young players

That's how discraft is improving it's roster, by trying to recruit young.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

Hey Jeremy,

Is Santa throwing that Discraft disc in the fireplace where it belongs!?!

I had the option to throw Discraft, Innova, Gateway, Lightening, Ching, etc. I live about ten minutes from RTS so I had a HUGE selection to choose from when I first started. Innova's consistence from disc to disc just seemed much greater than all the other discs. So they hooked me. Now that I've learned them I don't really feel like adding any other discs to my bag would really improve my game in any way. It's not that I have ANYTHING against any other disc company (as I joke that I do) I just know Innova.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Default I

I started with Innova also. I've tried to go to lightening, driscraft, and gateway, but stayed with Innova for access and familiarity. Thats what the pro's suggest, to stick with what you know and keep it simple. Lately I've been taking understable discs out of my bag and replacing them with different levels of stable and overstable discs for predictability.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

That picture is hilarious!!! I don't really have anything against the other disc companies. I have just always thrown Innova. I tried throwing Gateway for a while and that just didn't work out because I have to learn a whole new set of discs. Plus Innova is just more consistent for me.
    Eric Gallusser

The only discs that i have besides innova in my bag, is the wizard. First putter i learned to use, and i guess it is a familiarity thing because i have tried other putters but i always end up back with the wizard.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at
    http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

Thread Information