Thread: Videos

Default Videos

Looking for recommendations on some videos to watch/buy. Anyone want to part with some for cheap? Let me know.
    Jason Van Over

I just bought the 2006 Japan Open DVD. It has the best quality (as far as picture) that i have seen. There isn't much commentary though, which is fine by me.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at
    http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

I LOVE the MSDGC videos. Best footage and comentary for ANY DG video I've ever seen.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I like to watch videos of Eric Gallusser, i want to be just like him when i grow up! He is one of the best disc golfers, but there are some really good golfers in Louisville, you should watch some people at ZGLO and steal some of there ways of throwing.
    Disc Golf-Aholic
    Keith Gallusser
    PDGA# 25831

Default lead group

Just won the "Lead Group Live: USDGC 06". It's the lead card consisting of Barry Shultz, Brian Schweberger, Steve Brinster, and Avery Jenkins. The best two aspects of this dvd is the inside commentary from Barry and Brian and something you don't see on all dvds, that would be every shot of each player from tee to hole.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

I bought the Japan Open disc and the 06 Lead Group Live disc a couple of weeks ago. I have watched them both a couple of times and I think the comentary of the Lead Group goes a long way on explaining what the top guys are thinking during a round. Especially when Barry tells why he throws a certain route on a hole to ensure a 4,5 or 6 instead of another route that could be a 4, 5, 6 or 7. One extra stroke determining a route for a worse case scenario is very interesting inside look in what is going on.

I just bought the MSDGS 04 and 05 and a new disc called CLASH at Renny Gold that has a 3 on 3 tourney with Climo, Feldburg, Doss on one team and Shultz, Schweberger and Tim Gill on the other team. I'm looking forward to getting those.

My Dad watched the Japan Open disc with me on Thanksgiving. He said he was a little dissappointed with it because he was hoping for an instructional video. My first step in getting him on the course was getting him to watch what a disc can actually do instead of watching his son throw in his backyard. He's 60. Wish me luck.
    Jason Van Over

I have now watched MSDGC 04 completely and a couple rounds and all of the extras of 05. I was a little disappointed with them compared to the Japan disc and the 06 lead group disc. The constant bouncing between the groups in the MSDGC discs was a little confusing to me.

Tonight, I have watched the first 9 holes of the Reney Gold disc and I think this is my favorite so far. There is good two camera camera work. And there is also a players camera that listens in on the interaction between shots. Cool stuff.
    Jason Van Over

LDGC Public Relations

i picked up this movie off ebay "Discs and Dorks"

the movie description reads: One man's incredible journey through disc golf, drugs, and rock and roll.

there are 127 holes of golf shown and the golfers are usually persuing the good buzz -

yet oh wow did this movie suck, home video footage vhs converted to dvd

golf is terrible they can't hit a 5 ft putt,

almost turned it off after like 5 minutes, then realized they were all wearing Cincy gear - turns out these golfers were from our ohio border town and were playing all the golf at Winton Woods (this little dinky course in northern cincy)

anyway if you didn't figure this out so far, i don't really recomend this one

I have the 2002 USGC. Let's set up a trade I would like to watch these.
    I wish we had a central location and we could check out these videos kind of like a Library.

Once again I would love to borrow some videos I will return them.
    Take care.

Let me know what you want to watch. I work off of westport road next to 265. I live in Shepherdsville. So what I am saying is that I can drive to about anywhere in the city on the way home. I can meet you and we can trade for a little while. I would like to see the 02.
    Jason Van Over

Thread Information