Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Destroyers

Default Star Destroyers

Has anyone noticed how much more stable the first run Star Destroyers are compared to the second run Destroyers? It takes a little effort for me to flip the first runs. But I can't seem to get the second run to come back left.
    Eric Gallusser

Yeah, most of the first runs were over weight and illeagl. Be sure to weigh them. Some were upward of 180g.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I traded Keith my first run star destroyer at FDGO and he lost it this past weekend. The guy called me yesterday (it had my name and number on the back) and I sent a pm to Keith so he could get it back. I bought a new one and love it. I couldn't throw the first run one backhand or forehand. Weird. Maybe it's the custom dye that makes it fly.
    Jason Van Over

The star destroyer is amazing. i threw it like my normal throw and it added a good 60 feet to my throw. this thing is amazing and i love it.
    Adam Cummings

Yeah its added at least 60 to my throw if not more........
    However its still a hard disc to learn. I have to constantly remind myself every time I throw it that it dosent require me to throw any harder than any other disc I carry.
    When you think extra distance, the first thing that comes to mind is throw harder. Not true with this disc. My XL is the longest disc I carried until I got the Destroyer. I dont have to throw the destroyer any harder than the XL and I gain 60+ ft?
    IM IMPRESSED!!!!!

My first run Destroyer tipped the scales at 190G when I used the digi's at work. I sold it to a big arm for a NICE profit. My next Destroyer came in saying 168 and actually weighs 169 and I can finally throw it. It still doesn't fit in my grip right so I'm back to the Wraith and Tee-Rex.

Default illegal

So who says that there illegal? The pdga did not say anything about them being illegal. I cannot part with mine. I'm not exactly sure how much it weighs but it is definetly heavier than 175g.

SOME of the first runs were molded to heavy 178g to 180g is the MAX that was released. They are only legal to 176g. If yours weighs more than than 176g you can send it back to Innova and they should replace it.

Question is who in there right mind is going to call someone out on this matter. Mine says 175g and I cant tell any significant weight difference from other discs around that weight. However 5g isnt something the human hand can tell a difference in.
    What im saying is that no one in there right mind is going to carry a scale with them just call someone out on this. So how exactly does anyone prove these to be Illegal? Or do you just throw a ban on all of these discs. Sounds to me like Innova made one big mistake. I cant see how this ever got out the doors. Someone obviously wasn't doing there job to well or they have some malfunctioning equipment. Either way it's Innova's fault!!!!!
    Plus im not going to package up a disc I use regularly and send it to Innova. Than I'd have to wait for weeks for a new one to be sent back. Sounds like Innova is wanting the impossible, or at least in my mind.

I say screw it and throw Discraft!!!!!!!
    It's only 1 of 3 Innova discs I throw so poop on it if it is Illegal!!!!!

Not to mention how many people own or have use to scales that read grams?

Certain events have weigh ins where you weigh ALL of your discs before you play. As a TD I recieved a sheet that has a list of ALL legal discs and their weight that they are legal to. I have scales that messure in grams. DLG does too. So does any Post Office.

I think it would be VERY unlikely for anyone to EVER get called on this but if they did...they would incure strokes to their score.

Discraft has released discs that weigh more than their legal weight. They do it ALL the time. They just don't bother being humble enough to make a public announcement about it. They have gotten so inconsistant in their weighing process that they don't even tell you the weight anymore...they give you a weight range (172-175). But in all honesty ALL disc companys have this problem due to the fact that it's hard to get an accurate weight when you're mass producing something.

Thread Information