Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega SS Putter

Default Omega SS Putter

Just switched to the Omega SS Putter about two weeks ago. Since then I have been playing the best golf of my life. I have been averaging more than -10 at Iroquois and won my last two tournaments, one pro and one advanced. They can be used for short putts, jump putts, approach shots, and even some short drives. These are just great putters. The only problem I have with them is that the ones I have are yellow and I have a thing about black putters. Jeremy, I need to get a couple black Omegas from you.
    Eric Gallusser

how would you say they compare to other putters on the market...

for some reason I love the DX Ryhnos because they are more overstable so I can really give them a good huck at the basket... I have tried Aviars on several occasions but they seem too understable for me...

Mmmmm....I may only have one or fifteen of them left in my stash!?! The ONLY delima you'll find with a BLACK SS is that in the summer they are just about useless. They become way too soft. That's why I switched to soft Black Aviars during the summer. I'll be going back to the Omegas now that it's cooling down.

Scott, they are a LOT less stable than a Rhyno. They are an Aviar mold in a SOFT TACKY plastic. You should try a Soft Rhyno!?! Those are amazing!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Well I used Soft Challengers for years because they were over stable and they would be very predictable but then I found that on my longer putts I didn't have as much control with them. I knew they would come back left but I didn't know how much or exactly when they would come back. Then I started using a wizard and they were even more stable I liked them at first but I found out that they were even less predictable than the Challengers. Jeremy and Dave told me to give the Omegas a try after the Freeman Lake Open and the very first round I shot with them was -13 at Iroquois. I can't really compare them to an Aviar because I have never putted with them. But I have putted with a Rhyno before and I feel that Omegas are more consistent. Plus they have the best feel out of any putter I have ever used.
    Eric Gallusser

Well Jeremy, I could go back to my yellow ones during the hotter months. I need some black Omegas so I can start averaging -16 at Iroquois.
    Eric Gallusser

yea I have a soft Rhyno SE... and I love it.. I use it for any upshots or anything within 150.

Yikes!?! You should NEVER throw approaches with your actual putter. All the wear and tear will change it's flight and make it and inconsistant putter.

haha yeah i know, thats why I put with a DX rhyno...

I traded for it when I first started playing, and it was pretty beat up, long story.. but it manages to hold a line, and I guess its silly for me to be one of those who likes to hit 100ft'rs.

Come on Scotty! You'd be winning a LOT more tourneys if you were canning 100 footers!?!

for sure..

I should have said, I like to run at 100 ft'rs/end up 50 ft behind the basket, and duff the putt

Thread Information