View Poll Results: Should We Have a Bag Tag Challenge?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

17 89.47%
  • No!

2 10.53%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should We Do a Bag Tag Challenge!?!

These are the tags we used before:

http://www.wholesalemedals.com/bag_tags.html

They are pretty good about using any artwork you send.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I'm getting close to finishing the rules. Hopefully tonight I will have them posted. Don't hold me to it though.

I think that I will order 50 tags from somewhere. If anyone has some art recommendations please send them to me or let me know. you can email me at jvanover@insightbb.com
    Jason Van Over

It's a good thing no one held you to it!?!

Only kidding!!!!

Any good word?

Sorry, I had my kid all day Saturday and I had to go to work after church Sunday so my weekend was toast. Getting close. I'm down to 2 pages of rules. I would like to make it as easy as possible but still take out loop holes. I am also setting it up so people can play doubles and all four tags will be up for grabs.

Still haven't heard any art suggestions. I did look at the website that you sent. I will probably just do a price comparison and choose the best/cheapest option. Them and gottagogottathrow can both be set up to where the top 10 is a different tag color. I like that idea.
    Jason Van Over

How many people are we expecting for this?

The min order from gottagogottathrow is 50 and they cost 3.75 plus shipping. I spoke to someone there and if we keep the art work "not to crazy" then it is included in the price. The tag looks like a mini.

We can order 25-49 from wholesale medals for 4 each and I think that they look better. It looks like a metal luggage tag. I haven't really asked a lot of question of them yet. The website shows that you can get the first 10 in gold and then the rest in silver. I think that is a nice touch.

I think for the quarter difference, I would rather have the metal tags. Let me know. I would like to order by Christmas.
    Jason Van Over

Metal tags are the best from what I have seen. It might be a good idea to include a tag with your LDGC membership. It could be $20 to join the year you get your bag tag or something. $10 for the club and $10 to the bag tag challenge.

I will be in for sure.

The metal tags are the best. The DCDGC has used them for atleast the last 3 years that i know of and they will actually last all year unlike the plastic ones.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at
    http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

I have the rules finished. Maybe an attachment or another page or sticky. Whatever you think is best to be easily accessible but here they are. Please let me know if there is any recommendations/changes and then we can get this solidified. I would like to order the tags by Friday.

Thank you to all of the clubs that I blatantly ripped off rules from. Never re-invent the wheel.

The goal of the LDGC Bag Tag Challenge is to bring Louisville’s disc golf community closer together through friendly competition.

Rules of the LDGC Bag Tag Challenge

Basics
    The basic rules of a Bag Tag Challenge are that there are 25 (or more) tags that are numbered sequentially from 1 to 25. At the end of a given tournament, the numbered tags are passed out in rank of finish. (The lowest number going to the lowest score and so forth) After the tournament, players start challenging other players that have a lower number tag. Anyone with a higher tag number can challenge anyone with a lower tag number. Challenges can be made before any round of golf has started. The challenge can take place on any course and can involve any number of tag holders assuming everyone is playing the course at the same time. At the end of the round, the tags are re-assigned to the golfers with the lowest score receiving the lowest number tag. At the end of the Bag Tag Challenge, the player with tag number 1 is the winner.

Conduct
    1. Conduct yourself within the spirit of the competition.
    2. Challenges need to be accepted in order for the series to work for everyone.
    3. When you arrive at a course, you subject yourself to being challenged by the first person that challenges you, even if you were looking for another challenge.
    4. Challenges are to be made by choosing times and courses that are reasonable.
    5. Each player must have his or her tag at the beginning of the challenge. You cannot challenge someone if you do not have your tag with you.
    6. Players are to participate in at least ten (10) challenges throughout the season.
    7. Players are to have challenges with at least five (5) different players.
    8. You cannot play back-to-back (same day) challenges against the same person.
    9. Players have to be accessible to participate. If you move outside of the LDGC playing area, your tag becomes ineligible for prizes. (Local players only please)
    10. Players not abiding by the rules are subject to discipline.

Discipline
    1. Players found not abiding by the rules are subject to the following penalties
    • New tag issued, using the lowest tag number available
    • Tag revoked and not reissued
    2. Not having your tag with you may constitute refusing a challenge and could result in forfeiting your tag.
    3. Two reported incidents of misconduct would result in the player forfeiting his/her tag and starting at the bottom. Two additional reports of misconduct will result in the player being eliminated from the challenge and his number put back into the “pot” to be purchased by the next new player.
    4. Report incidents of misconduct (refusing challenges, cheating, etc.) privately to:
    Jason VanOver:502-376-1265 (please no calls after 10pm) or pm J_VanOver on the message board

Ranking
    1. All players will be ranked from 1-25 after a one day 18 hole singles tournament at Iroquois Park.
    2. If there are tags remaining after the tournament, players not participating in the tournament may purchase tags starting at the next lowest number available.
    3. The ongoing rankings will be posted on the LDGC website message board.

Tags/List
    1. Upon every player’s bag tag purchase, a phone number and e-mail address will be required.
    2. The list of players will be revised every time a new player joins the system.
    3. The list will be posted on the LDGC website message board for use for challenges
    4. LDGC Bag Tag Challenge participants must display their tag where it can be seen easily. Concealing your tag is not allowed.
    5. The player with tag number1 must defend it at least once every 14-calendar days or it is automatically exchanged with tag number 2.
    6. Play continues in all weather except for lightning, which voids the round and the challenge. All other DNF rounds, including injury, results in that player forfeiting their tag to the opponent if the opponent’s tags is higher

Challenges
    1. Challenges will be made by challenging up in rank
    2. You can only challenge 10 numbers ahead of your tag number unless you are part of a group challenge.
    (i.e. 11 can challenge 1 but 25 can not challenge 7)
    3. There are several ways to make challenges
    a. Phone Challenge – A player challenges another player with a lower number via a phone call using the phone number from the list.
    b. Email/Message Board Challenge – A player challenges another player using the message board.
    c. Face to Face – A player challenges another player during a sanctioned event (tournament or league play), club meeting, or casual circumstances (players happen to be at the same park and see each other)
    4. If it is a phone or email/message board challenge, the player who is challenged will give the challenger 2 dates he can make within a 2-week period to get the match completed or lose his ranking (tag). If the original challenger cannot make the 2 dates given, the challenge is void and both players can look for new challenges.
    5. If it is a face to face challenge, the person being challenged must accept the challenge except for the reasons given in the Refuse List
    6. Not showing up for a challenge results in a forfeit. (20 minute leeway)
    7. A player may only participate in one challenge at a time.
    8. If there is a tie for individual play then tags are not exchanged
    9. Group Challenges can also occur as follows:
    a. 3 or more in one group, tags are redistributed at the end of round with the lowest score receiving the lowest tag number, the second lowest score receiving the 2nd lowest tag, and so forth. 5 players max.
    i. In the event of a tie, the person with the lower tag number going into the round receives the lower tag number.
    b. Doubles
    i. The wining doubles partners would receive the lowest two tag numbers.
    ii. The losing doubles partners would receive the highest two tag numbers.
    iii. The doubles partner with the lower tag number going into the round receives the lower tag number.

Refuse list
    A person being challenged may refuse a challenge only under the following circumstances:
    1. The person being challenged is leaving (must be obvious)
    2. The person being challenged is already waiting for a challenge that was set up and is within the 20-minute wait window of the pre-arranged time. Past the 20 minute window, the person being challenged but accept the challenge.
    3. The person being challenged is participating in a social outing that is bringing new players to the sport. (Please contact Jason VanOver at the above number for guidance if this occurs)
    4. The person being challenged has beaten the challenger within the last week
    5. Neither the challenger nor the person being challenged has participated in another challenge since their last meeting
    Failure to accept a challenge due to any reason other than the above will result in the exchange of tags

Cost
    1. It is $10 dollars to purchase a tag and participate in the LDGC Bag Tag Challenge
    2. $1 from each tag will be donated to the LDGC
    3. $4.25 from each tag will be used to purchase the tags
    4. $4.75 from each tag will be used to purchase the prizes for the top 3 players at the end of the challenge

Tournament/League Play
    During tournament play, all participating players who play from the same tees to the same baskets will automatically be involved in a multi-opponent match. Note that head-to-head play on the same scorecard may not be accommodated in tournament play. The lowest score at the end of the tournament gets the lowest tag; the highest score the highest tag regardless of the difference between tag numbers at the start of the tournament.

Lost Tag
    1. When a tag is declared lost, it becomes ineligible for prizes.
    2. A new tag number can be issued for a fee of $5.00

Types of Play
    The normal play is stroke play where the lowest score wins. This may change as agreed upon by the participants. If both participants agree then any type of play is available. Some options are match play, CTPs, putt off, best disc doubles, worst disc doubles, around the 9, Paper-Rock-Scissors, etc. As long as both players agree before the match begins.

In addition, there are obvious differences in talent among players in the LDGC. To make it fair for all participants, handicaps can and should be used to even the scores as long as it is agreed upon prior to the match. For example, a person with tag 19 wants to challenge the person with tag 12. The person with tag 19 normally shoots even at Iroquois and the person with tag 12 normally shoots 7 under. Prior to the match, the two participants may agree to give the person with tag 19 7 strokes to make the play more challenging for both players.

Conclusion
    1. Contest will end at an event in the late fall of 2008. There will be a final tournament where all tag numbers are available to be exchanged. Tag holders 1-5 must participate in order to be eligible for prizes. The final tournament will be scheduled and posted on the message board and all participants will be notified. All participants are eligible to win any tag number.
    2. Prizes will be given to the 3 players with the lowest tag numbers.

These rules may be amended, as needed, by the LDGC Board in consultation with Jason VanOver.

Had to make an edit. It said "eight (10)" under times you have to play. I fixed it to say "ten (10)"
    Jason Van Over

Sorry that it took so long. I tried to get it to one page but I couldn't.
    Jason Van Over

Quote Originally Posted by J_VanOver

Conduct
    5. Each player must have his or her tag at the beginning of the challenge. You cannot challenge someone if you do not have your tag with you.
    Players should have their tags with them at all times when playing. It should be attached to their bag.

Whoo Hoo!!! Bag tags are back baby!!!

Thread Information