Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why didnt anyone tell us this

Default why didnt anyone tell us this

never heard this one! why?
    PDGA CLUB AFFILIATE PROGRAM
    Benefits to Affiliate Club Membership!

- Current PDGA members on the Affiliate Club’s roster will be able to take the PDGA officials test with no fee.

- The club contact will receive a form for ACP handled PDGA memberships. The club will be allowed to discount $5 for each ACP handled PDGA membership.

- (NEW) For each club that registers by Februrary 1st, 2008, the club contact will receive 5 copies of each 2008 issue of Flying Disc Magazine! (Renewing 2007 Clubs that handled more than 25 discounted PDGA memberships in 07 will get 10 copies of each issue.)

- Upon receipt of the ACP fee of $25, the club contact will be sent one PDGA Course Directory.

- The club will also receive a forum on the DISCussion Board.

- Various disc sport merchants will be offering exclusive discounts to ACP members.

1) Discovering The World is happy to offer 10% off our extensive product line to Affiliate Club members who are also current PDGA members.
    This offer excludes, D.G.A. and Innova baskets, our beginner package and any other promotional discounts. This discount must be mentioned at the time of ordering by phone, fax, mail, e-mail and off our secure web site (in the comments section @ http://www.dtworld.com).

- We will be adding additional benefits to the program as it grows. Suggestions are welcomed.
    NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

Wow!!!

I knew we were an affiliate club but I had NO CLUE of the benifets. We were made an Affiliate Club right about when I joined the club.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

we are on the list for 2007 but havent renewed for 2008
    why hasnt it been posted? those mags could be used for prize packs for rec.and inter. div.???? any one?
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

I don't think anyone will have an answer for this. I'm pretty sure Bink or Mike Mayor was the ones that got this started for us and I believe that we've let it fall by the way-side. I just e-mailed the appropriate PDGA rep. and will post as soon as I hear back from them.

Great research Birdman!!!

so some one is still getting the mags>? im not happy with this
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

im not happy that you guys have been mad at me for haveing complaints and questions about the way things are run when you havent told us about a lot of things this being a fine example.maybe you guys just didnt know, well its your job to know and tell us! this is not a statement meant to slander anyone just a head check for the club! i told all of the officers that i would stay on there but to be sure that we the golfers were taken care of and rep. the right way, if that makes anyone uncomfortable good!
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

Who's getting the mags? I don't know! Nor do I care. I know who it's NOT. Not me!

Here's the thing...when the old officers of 2006 and beyond were "voted" out of office it was NOT a peaceful/polite gesture. There were hurt feelings and wounded spirits and I don't expect that all the information that the old officers had was perfectly transfered to the new officers. The fact that the current officers (and myself) did NOT know about and/or was unsure about being an Affiliate Club and the benefits that it brings does NOT surprise me.

I know that it's not a big deal and the fact that you have pointed it out has been an insight. I did say that I was personally now looking into it and that's all that I can do. Slow the flow of your roll! I KNOW that it's NOT worthy of being MAD about. That's a silly waste of energy. If some one is out there with a stack of a few mags and not sharing them that doesn't wound me. I don't feel cheated. I am currious as to what "lot of things" it is you're refering to that the club is hiding though? This is disc golf. There's nothing top secret or so valuable that it needs to be hidden.

Please know that I was just joking with you as a friend in a few moments of this post. There is nothing in here that was meant to be stern, rude, or hurtful. I think you know me well enough to know that but I want to make sure.

no not mad the mags and discounts, test and stuff are the lot of things i ment.
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

Yeah, that sucks not knowing about those things but I feel that we were ALL in the same boat of not knowing and no one won or lost anything from it. All we can do now is learn and grow. Anger only slows progress. If we're stuck being mad we're wasting time with constant rebuttals when we could be using our time to achieve something great. Or...getting some sleep! Zzzzzzz! Good night!

I just received an e-mail from the PDGA stating all we have to do is fill out a form (that they sent me) and send them $25 and we will still be a current affiliated club. This will give OUR club members $5 discounts when renewing or joining the PDGA and free officials tests among other cool benefits. If you have yet to renew you PDGA # for 2008 or you are about to join DON’T DO IT until I figure out all the details. You’ll save some money with the PDGA buy keeping your money in our local club.

Thanx to Sparrow for alerting us to this.

Thread Information