Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: more course info on website

yea, i just got a notification that it didn't go through...I'm trying again...
    -Jason

Let's go throw some plastic.

well if it doesnt work , thanks for try'n' 8)

I think you'll get it this time. I sent it from my yahoo mail. If you want more just let me know, I only sent the shots I thought looked cool. But I gotta do some HW now for my next class. Later bud.
    -Jason

This is great guys, way to go
    Dick Stout

Default SPARROW

Are you sure that e-mail address is correct/still working. I tried to send from Outlook and from Yahoo Mail and it couldn't deliver it to you with either one. I sent it to discfrolfer@yahoo.com both times.
    -Jason

Wow! I'm so pumped! playdg.com already has Charlie V in the "Coming Soon" section of their site. Great job Jason!!! Are you going to submit any other courses?
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Sorry guys, I've been slacking on my courses. I just need to take one picture at Otter and two of the holes with multiple pin placements at Meade Olin. I'm going out Monday so I should have it taken care of soon.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I have all the pics of IQ that I need (if they accept them), so as soon as I have a break in schoolwork I will submit it. That is all I have pics for though.
    -Jason

Vettiner park pictures have decent quality, and some can be used on holes that are not visible from the tee, however, when possible we want to be able to use our zoom capabilities. In the pictures provided, all the holes where the basket is visible, the picture has been taken after walking up to the basket for the ‘zoomed in’ picture. Some people attempt this because they don’t have the zoom capabilities needed on their camera. What happens when this is done is that the data in the photos change, most of the time dramatically enough to make our zoom feature look incorrect.

The holes that would need to be retaken with A 2 megapixel or better digital camera with at least a 5x optical zoom are the ones visible from the tee. Some examples that I can tell are holes 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 17. I don’t know the course well enough, and the pictures aren’t hi-res enough to be able to tell if there are any more baskets visible from the tee.

Hopefully the resources are available to go re shoot these courses, we’d like to have them on our site!

-Sam

playdg.com

-Jason

I talked to the guys at playdg.com before I took pictures and they really stressed that to me as well. They also recommended the pin be about 1/10th of the height of the total picture in the zoomed in image. So on a lot of the holes, I got my second picture as I was walking up toward the pin. Even after talking to them before I started shooting, I still had to go back and reshoot a little, but it will be worth it in the end 8)
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thread Information