Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Default Global Warming

Has anyone seen the HBO special on global warming..if not you all should watch it, it deeply disturbed me to see how much we are destroying our planet. within the next couple lifetimes our world is with out a doubt going to change in ALOT of ways for the worst. We may lose our change of seasons!!! There may not be a future for disc golf because there may not be one at all. I was never one to be earth concious but just as fast as we have made civilazation what it is today is the same rate of speed we are destroying our planet...within a couple hundred years. That to me is very scary, especialy for our future generations to come...

Don't believe the hype!
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

LDGC Public Relations

you should check out "an inconvenient truth" - the al gore movie

there is a lot of hype - but at the same time a lot of truth that shouldn't be dismissed and forgotten -

disc golf is a great sport though for the environment - minimal impact - in most cases the grass is not being soaked in pesticides and fertilizer - trees need to be there or really whats the point -

we all our stewards of the land and we all play our part in the now and for the future

Default DON'T PANIC!

OUR GREAT GRANDCHILDREN WILL BE JUST FINE...GOD WILL DECIDE WHEN TO CALL US HOME...NOT MAN OR HIS CORRUPTIVENESS...ALL IN THE LORD'S GOOD TIME, SO RELAX AND ENJOY LIFE!
    If we're not part of the solution, we're part of the problem!

I do believe that we should take care of what we have--what I'm in disbelief of is the fact that any "warming" is caused by humans. Look back historically (and pre-) and see how the sun's cycles (~11 years) coincide with warming and cooling. It's almost perfect how they intersect. Seems more than just a coincidence...

Also, follow the money in the global warming movement and you'll be surprised where it leads...
    Daniel

Saying humans have not impacted the earth is far from true.
    Maybe we have not caused the earth to heat up - yeah - i could believe that. I don't but I could.

What about the worlds drinking water, high cancer zones, the ever shrinking "blue zones" (google this to understand) they are basically former zones of longevity and health.

We are polluting the human gene strain with vaccinations, over medicating, fake lawns, etc.

In my opinion the human race was stronger 30 - 50 years ago. We live longer now sure but at what cost. Living with Chemo therapy for 10 years is not progress. Why is the cancer there in the first place?

Allergies, headaches, stress and pollution. YUCK!

Go to wikipedia and type in global cooling. In the 70's, scientists were convinced that we (the earth) would one day experience another ice age because the earth's temperature had been dropping for like 30 years straight.

I believe that we have to take care of what we have, but I do have a hard time believing that the people have caused the earth to heat up. I think it may just be a cycle the world goes through every x number of years.

it's really not the earth i am worried about. sounds silly but it will still circle the sun with us or without us.

it's us i am worried about. we pollute our food, water and air for corporate greed. always taking the easy way out.
    we all need to work a little harder. not for us but for our greatest of grandchildren. depending on what you believe - you could be saving it for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by captain plastic
    Saying humans have not impacted the earth is far from true.

In my opinion the human race was stronger 30 - 50 years ago. We live longer now sure but at what cost. Living with Chemo therapy for 10 years is not progress. Why is the cancer there in the first place?
    I didn't say that humans have not impacted the earth...What I said was that humans couldn't possibly have caused any warming the earth is experiencing. Any major volcano eruption (say, Mt Pinnatubo in ~1990) put more CO2 and SO2 (acid rain) in the atmosphere in one eruption than what man has done since civilization! That is a proven fact! So, how much impact does an SUV really have on "greenhouse gases?"

Yes, I do believe that additives in foods and pesticides are harming us. However, we are seeing more and more diseases (like cancer and alzheimer's) because we are saving more kids who would not have made it past childhood 50-100 years ago. It is proven that those who start out with big problems tend to develop other, bigger problems as older adults.
    Daniel

LDGC Public Relations

just watched a documentary entitled "who killed the electric car"

interesting movie that documents the rise and fall of the electric car in the early 90's and how its exisistance was ultimately erased - as well as how far behind in fuel effiency american automakers are vs. foreign and how we are losing the battle here in the US to pursue hydrogen rather then alternative fuel sources

climate studies indicate the earth endures heating and cooling periods - but recent studies also indicate that the CO2 levels in our atmosphere - which are a major cause of "global warming" - are higher then ever recorded - and these high levels are heavily due to our usage of fossil fuels

Thread Information