View Poll Results: Who is the man to redesign IQ???

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Simpson

7 30.43%
  • Ed Mcgovern

1 4.35%
  • Mike Mcpherson

0 0%
  • Barry Gwinn

1 4.35%
  • Eric Roadhouse

7 30.43%
  • Ken Reed

0 0%
  • Butter

0 0%
  • Tony "porkchop" Wilson

1 4.35%
  • Jeremy Watts

3 13.04%
  • Brandon Westermann

3 13.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who should redesign IQ???

If we let the same people redo it we'll probably get the same flaws that send discs into the road and traffic. Id like to see it done by the people who play there the most. Some of these guys already have put their kick butt idea and its flawed. We'll end up getting more of the same from the same people, I think the people who play Iroqois all the time would have more knowledge of where course backs up, dangerous sections of being hit by someone elses disc and erosion happen most. Not the guys who just show up a few times to play tourneys. let the locals have a chance at it for once.

I'm all for changing IQ up a little and I think there's a number of things that can be done to improve the course. However, I think the most important thing we can focus on now is raising money so we can get new courses installed.

I think it's disgraceful that there are 2 courses in Louisville and you have to drive over a half hour to play anywhere else, while Cincinnati has over 20 courses and a little college town like Bowling Green has 7 and hosts big PDGA events that draw players from across the country.

The LDGC officers are doing their part by meeting with Metro Parks and working with them to help get new courses in Louisville.

Lets do our part by raising money to pay for the new courses. If we start now, we could have enough money to pay for a whole new course as soon as the space in the park is approved.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

No love for Butch Harbolt thats who I vote for!!!

wow....
    no love for my dad...
    radcliff and muldraugh are great courses....
    oh well...
    i know who should do it...

Default cost & effect

Most bang for the buck! Ain't nothing new. What's the most use of the area given?
    E. Roadhouse's course, and "I have to give him credit"," for following the correct avenues to do what he had planed", had a, "Now, after time and thinking about it", "a very tough and efficient use of what's available (except #14 "Nipple Shot")". It had flow and little embarking upon somebody elses fareway. To do it would also remove #4's Dam Shot (Can't Dig into a Dam for many reasons,"Dam It"), but anyway, " Roady would be an excellent consultant for this task along with DLG962". You got to consider that this is very precious property we are talking about. I'm talking $100's of dollars/sqft anywhere else. Also, they are our homeboys. Just to see them play here, just once in a while, would be enough to show up and play occassionally.
    If we are to embark upon a total redo of IQ. Lets do it right. And give whomever is commissioned it do it total leadway.
    Outside bickering, squables, discention and misunderstanding has't to be put aside for the bigger better good this would entail.

Looking Forward To Wise and Deeper Thinking.

I Remain,

Drive Long and Prosper.

ed-dro - "Over & Out"
    HitchHiking Across The Galaxy

Default ...

It's not that I didn't think about Butch, he's not local so I didn't put him on there.If he has good ideas thats cool with me, go butch

Who would hypothetically redesign the course is the wrong question to ask.
    Better questions are:
    What would a redesign look like? What changes can we realistically get done? Are there aspects of the current layout that you like and would want to keep?

If we can have some good meaningful discussion on here about what we would do to the course, instead of who would do it, we can come up with a plan that everybody will like.

Personally, I don't really want to change the course much, if at all. It's an enjoyable round of golf as it is. The only issues I have are with the erosion around hole #12's tee and the flooded field on #16 and #17. I suggest that we push #11 back 30-40 feet, add two holes back where there were the two temporary holes, move #12 tee back, and eliminate holes #16 and #17. If we added 6-7 alternate tee placements on some other current holes, I think we would strike a balance between changing the course and keeping it true to its roots.

Also, I agree with Adam that we need to focus on saving for future development. I also agree with Sam, we need to be cautious as we proceed.
    Dick Stout

Default iroquois park course layout

I believe things are getting a bit ahead of themselves. First, "Is Dick Stout really your real name"? I alway's wanted to rename myself Jack Steed from Bangkok, just because I liked the way it sounded.
    Regardless, to remediate the moist conditions you have concerns with would take engineered and connected underdrain channels several feet below ground elevation to adequately drain those areas that you feel are excessively moist. However; the long term impact of this work would have a signifcant influence upon the flurishing indigient habitat residing comfortably out of site in your mentioned areas. But, if its important for you to be heard, I'm sure the City Council will give you the floor to speak your case. However, your opposition will be well prepared as defense for the park's current state of affairs. Truely, I like your , "Don"t rock the boat scenario". Its, "Out of sight and out of mind" is good strategy. Plus, good things are going to happen in a beneficial way to enhance the courses current condition. Things are underway as we speak. If you might say. Please keep in mind that there are others who have our best interests in mind at work who you may or maynot know. And positive meaningful works are just around the corner. Please have patience. You'll be happily supprised when this comes about. Thankk You.

Always Faithful,

Drive Long and Prosper.

ed-dro - "Over & Out"

Leave IQ alone. I love it the way it is LOL. If you want a new course work on getting a new one in another park. Diversity is good.

Default iroquois park course layout

Will,

Sorry, I forgot this issue was still active.

I agree, DLG962 proposed Waverly Park as the next dgc. However, Vettiner was a much more lucritive idea, "And became real".

However; WP with its lake and trails may be a ready-made site.

I havn't been there since the last time (fishing?/whatnot). But maybe it may be ready for the next LDGC.

If you would want, I live within walking distance of this park and your thoughts would be appreciated. If you would like to, please feel free to email me.

Drive Long and Prosper 8)

ed-dro "Over & Out"

Thread Information