View Poll Results: Who is the man to redesign IQ???

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Simpson

7 30.43%
  • Ed Mcgovern

1 4.35%
  • Mike Mcpherson

0 0%
  • Barry Gwinn

1 4.35%
  • Eric Roadhouse

7 30.43%
  • Ken Reed

0 0%
  • Butter

0 0%
  • Tony "porkchop" Wilson

1 4.35%
  • Jeremy Watts

3 13.04%
  • Brandon Westermann

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who should redesign IQ???

Default group

i believe a group would insure diversity, i dont think that one person should ever design the whole course, especially if they are going to compete there, if one person designs it theoretically they could show up for all the events @ a course they created and have the advantage, and would more than likely win. with a group there wouldnt be any room for doubt, lets see some fresh faces design it. maybe some out of towners. get some fresh eyes to see what we may have over looked.

Default ...

I never heard anything about headrick from steve before or anyone else so I figured it was not... oh well can't be right about everything just 99.9%

Default ...

I agree with Steve and others as far as it being a freindly course for beginners and I understand that concept I'm just saying changing it up a
    bit would livin up the course, it could still be a beginner freindly course
    and probably would have to be given the area of land, it would just be sweet to have a change of play.

I hear ya Brandon. I think that we could change it up a little bit with alternate pins placements that are regularly rotated while still maintaining the existing layout of the course. I think that this would be a reasonable course of action, and that Metro Parks might very well let us do it. Beyond that, things would get much more difficult and we'd be better off spending that time advocating for a new course.
    Dick Stout

Default ...

Alright...alright...alternate pins sounds like a logical alternative...I'm just hurting for some change man....change...I would even be willing to insert some sleves and even pay for the sleves if I have to. If we get the ball moving on this "parks permission" I would be glad to help out in these ways.

OK, I was really just trying to get a sense of what degree of change you were looking for. It's cool if you want more than just some alternate pins, but what specifically?

My opinion is that we won't be able to get permission to do a total redesign through the parks at this time and that we are better off spending our time advocating for an entirely new course somewhere else. I'm also concerned about the heritage of the current layout.

We can try for some multiple pins, as those are relatively easy to do and inexpensive. We can also make the point that multiple pins are standard at courses in cities comparable to Louisville. I think that Metro Parks will be receptive to these ideas.

We might also argue for moving #12 back, based on safety concerns and erosion control issues.

Steve, Jeremy, Scott, Sam, and I are going to meet with the parks in about a month, and we'll definitely raise this issue. It will likely take some considerable time after that before we get permission to act, but I'll definitely keep everyone informed as things play out.
    Dick Stout

Actually you will find the Parks will listen to the redesign concept. Playing up and down the hills is killing the park. Erosion is an issue throughout the course. Playing on a course with shale as a substrate is the worst case scenerio. With the bridle path redirected there is more room to work with than we've ever had. One person saying it is a bad idea, does not make it a bad idea. It's obvious to any sane player that it's time to do something.

Default yes

yes

Default iroquois park course layout

Bob Kennedy ought to be the chairman with complete veto power over all layout concerns. He's the guy now anyway if knowbody knew. And an old timer discgolfer. I believe he was there when IQ was originally installed. Two designers only would be the best format. I would like to see Dave Greenwell and Eric Roadhouse together layout this new course without any outside input (this would save them from being distracted). Both have personnal experience with the criteria of designing discgolf course layouts at IQ. Manpower for the change ought to be handled by this commission and provided by bidding contractors. The end product should be final without compromise from outside influences. But, before anything can begin. The City Metro Development Center would have to approve the plan before anything could begin happening. This would also receive scrutiny from MSD and Metro Parks. However, if you could get Bob Kennedy, that would be a large foot in the door. And a major coup.

Drive Long and Prosper.

ed-dro - "Over & Out"
    HitchHiking Across The Galaxy

We are messing with fire here.
    Why move the course?
    Let's work on new ones.
    If the course is out of the ground that give Metro a reason
    not to put it back in the ground. Just because they say something does not mean it will come to light. I think they would love for us to bite off our own foot.

I play 95% at C.V. because it is a lot closer to my house. If the guys that play the course all the time really want a change, well it is your risk. We will always have C.V. if it backfires.

IQ is a great beginner course. Leave it alone is my vote.

Thread Information