View Poll Results: Does Iroquois need to be redesigned???

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

29 72.50%
  • NO

11 27.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iroquois Redesigned???

Many of the holes at Iroquois could be made more difficult simply by making the pins longer. Holes 1, 5, 6, 11, 12 (new pad), 16 and 17 could easily be made longer and more difficult with minimal effort. I think that's why alot of people have enjoyed playing the SuperCourse and even Roadie's layout a couple of years ago, because it gets a little boring pulling the same disc on the same hole time after time.

I have never heard that Ed Headrick had a part to play in the design of Iroquois. That's a new one to me. But even so, it has undergone at least one small design change since. And even Augusta National Golf Course, the most famous and exclusive ball golf course in the world, has undergone numerous design changes over the years.

Yeah, I don't know if that's true, just heard it today. I'm more certain about it being the third oldest course in the Commonwealth, but not for sure on that either.

I think those holes that you suggest could have multiple placements like you say. I'd also like to see one on #13. I'd also think about moving #17 a little shorter and a little more left. There's a well defined fairway to this point.

I'm not against modification, I just don't think a total redesign is a good idea. We've got limited resources and limited opportunity with the parks, I would rather focus on basic mainatinance at our existing courses and development fo new courses. That being said, multiple pin placements are a great idea, and I'll try to work on that.
    Dick Stout

Default ...

Ed Headrick had nothing to do with iroquois. but that is funny

OK, I just talked to Sam, who had told me that, and we think he's thinking about the lawsuit against Long Run Park and Ed Headrick was somehow involved in that. It' s the Cap'n, what can I say.
    Dick Stout

Default ...

Ottercreek is the course that doesn't need to be touched, since it's the 3rd oldest course in the world. Iroquois is a prime candidate for renovation...
    What do you think Aceputt

Nobody really knows which courses came in which order, but Otter is definitely one of the early courses. I don't think that it is 3rd, but its probably realistic to think that it is somewhere between #10-25.

I know that we all want to get a course in the city limits, but an innovative, state of the art, par 72 course next to the current course there would be a really cool thing. The past contrasted with the future.
    Dick Stout

Default ...

No, it's 3rd I've heard from more than a few old timers...anyway the point is it's our oldest course and shouldn't be messed with and iroquois isn't.
    Unless there wrong...

Oh yeah, I hear ya, Otter Creek is a special place, for us and for the heritage of the game. What do you think about the par 72 thing? Iroquois is a classic course too though. I'm pretty sure that it was installed in 1981, which is when the first course in Texas went into the ground.

We could tinker with it, i.e. multiple pin placements, and we can definitely do a better job of maintaining it, but i'm not sure about a redesign. We've got limited resources and opportunities to do extensive course development, and I would rather put those efforts towards development of new courses.
    Dick Stout

Here's a link to a thread on the PDGA board on this topic:

http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.p ... art=1&vc=1
    Dick Stout

Thread Information