Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Us masters web site and registration is up

LDGC Public Relations

Default Us masters web site and registration is up

When do we learn the schedule?
    "That's what she said."----Michael Scott

tentative schedule is advanced masters SL CV SL other advanced SL CV ? Pro Masters CV SL CV

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    tentative schedule is advanced masters SL CV SL other advanced SL CV ? Pro Masters CV SL CV
    That's good because it means less driving for me if I get to go to Seviren two days and only one to Vettiner. Plus, that Sunday (final round) is Ivy's birthday and that would get me home quicker.) My only rub now is the other thing I have going on that weekend. The guys I play music with generally do one or two "gigs" a year, and one of them is the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. If we don't get a late slot I won't be able to play in the tournament.

Is there an official forum thread for this event? Does anyone expect this tourny to fill? I've never been to Kentucky/Indiana and am looking foward to meeting you all and playing your courses.

I live really close to Charlie Vettiner park. That is my home course and I can hold my own there. I shot a 62 (902 rating), a 63 (892 rating), and a 66 (863 rating) in the 2012 CVO. My current rating is 885. I really want to play in the US Masters but fear I might embarrass myself (and hold up my group) at Seviren Lang. Am I good enough to play in the US Masters?

I understand that I need to take the PDGA Certified Officials Exam? Is there anything else I need to do to qualify to play in the US Masters? Also, I have a couple of friends that don't have a PDGA # and have never played in a PDGA sanctioned tournament. Would they need to play in at least one tournament to qualify or can they just get a PDGA #, take the exam, and pre-register?

Now a couple of questions about pre-registration. Which division should I pre-register for? I played as an "Intermediate" in the 2011 CVO, got smoked, and stepped back down to the REC division where I placed 7th in 2012. Looking at the website, I gather my choices (at 43 years of age) are Pro Master Men $160 and Advanced Master Men $100. I am obviously going to select the lower of the two divisions which is Advanced Master Men. Now, how does that translate on the DiscGolfU WebSite? Am I an MM1? Of the 18 people in that division, I recognize a few names from the REC division of the 2012 CVO. I think I am an MM1 but if one of you could verify, I could get on with my pre-registration. Thanks!
    Flip it flat and let it fly!

David, you are correct; mm1 is advanced masters. I haven't heard anything about being required to test before playing. I've registered and I have not tested. My scores are about the same at sl. I don't think you'll embarrass yourself. In fact, anyone who can ride that "bike" I see you ride is already ahead of the pack when it comes to extraordinary feats. Who cares what you score....you can ride the one wheeled giant.
    Mark

Acts 4:12

There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved.

He is also correct in the fact that you must take to officials exam before this tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcc View Post
    He is also correct in the fact that you must take to officials exam before this tourney.
    Do you have to pay to take the test?

Buffalo Chip

10 bucks yes

Thread Information