Thread: Minutes From 1/07/11 Meeting

Default Minutes From 1/07/11 Meeting

Attendance

No roll call was taken at this meeting but we had a great turn out with 30 plus people show up. It was by far the biggest meeting that I have been a part of and we thank those who showed up.

Voting

Adam Higdon was the only person nominated for President and was voted in by those in attendance and an online proxy.

The new Bylaws were also voted on and passed in the same manor.

Officers

Under the new Bylaws the officer structure was changed. The President and Treasurer are the only ones who have titles and specific jobs. Anyone can step up and become an officer now as long as they are a current member and volunteer their time for atleast one project. There is no limit to the amount of officers so if you have an idea and want to help out let us know.

Budget

Martin researched a few things and has estimated that we need to bring in around $1700 for us to operate as planned. This would cover the website, PDGA fees, park rentals, local event support, and our PDGA membership giveaway. Keep in mind this is seperate from what we need to raise for our events.

Events and Fundraising

Our club runs three events a year and those are: FATPAD, GLO, and CVO

Dave also mentioned that we are really close to getting approval for the 2012 US Masters and the PDGA is interested in hosting one of it's global events here.

In order for these events to be successful we need to kick fundraising up a few levels. We will need atleast $4000 for the CVO alone if we want to see big names in attendance. If you have any ideas on how to bring in more sponsorship money share them now. Fundraising is major and should be done all year long in order for these events to happen and grow.

Free PDGA Membership for 2011

We closed the meeting by drawing a name for the free PDGA membership giveaway and the winner was Jeremy Watts.
    Last edited by Kao; 05-15-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

One item I heard spoken about prior to the meeting; but not addressed during it, was the idea to go Non-for-profit. Has this action been tabled? Roger

Yes, for now it has been tabled. Here's what we found out:

After doing some research into non-profit organizations, I'm just not sure we should do it so I didn't add it to the list of things to vote on. The benefit I see is the donation from a sponsor will be tax deductible making us more appealing to potential sponsors. It costs about $1000 to become a non-profit through using legalzoom.com. The process and paperwork is complicated enough I don't think we could do it ourselves to save $500. The club will have to keep good track of money and file an amended tax return every year. If anyone finds out some new information about becoming a non-profit then please let us know.

I know it would be easier to raise money as a non-profit, but I also know the more dedicated members we have, the easier it is to raise money. We have a lot of members already in the first week of January and I think the list will continue to grow. If everyone commits to helping out a little in some way we can raise more money and be more successful than ever!
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Free PDGA Membership for 2011

We closed the meeting by drawing a name for the free PDGA membership giveaway and the winner was Jeremy Watts.
    What a blessing! Thanx to Foley's lady friend (Veronica I think) for plucking my name from the pile.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I was not there for this meeting...partially b/c i didnt know it was going on, but in BG we used to have obviously different places sponsor holes during tournys and also just sponsor the event in general, with this I know like NATS gives away free vouchers for discs, some hotels that we got sponsors from would give a discounted rate to players in the tournys, might look into different ways to get local diners, gas stations, hotels, things of that nature to give out coupons or free merchandise, to fatten up the am player packs so you would have more "cash" to give to the pro purse. Just an idea dont know if it had been brought up yet

Hey John we'll be having a meeting towards the end of January, date to be announced soon. Always good to have fresh ideas, hope to see you out there and we can discuss things like that.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thread Information