Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage

Default Damage

Friday April 30th between 6pm - 8pm, someone hit my blue Subaru with a ? at CV. I was parked directly behind the 1st hole on the left side of the road where the practice holes are. My drivers side fender has a huge dent in it and the paint came right off. When i returned to my car there was no note or anything. This did $500.00 plus damage to my vehicle. If anyone who was there saw something or might know anything' would contact me or shoot me an email; that would be great. If the person(s) who did this is reading this and wants to man up and help me pay for it' that would be admirable.
    -Thanks
    Last edited by sublyme; 05-11-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Ouch! I hope someone will fess up to this and helps you out. Are you certain the damage was caused by a disc? I'm wondering why anyone would be throwing hard enough to leave such a dent in that area.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

i wash this car all the time, so i am always looking at it.
    this def came from a golf disc..

Wow, that really sucks about your car.

From what I can see in the pic, I respectfully disagree that this was caused by a disc. To me it appears something scraped against the car moving left to right. It dug in deeper as it moved across the ridge and sort of ripped out the other side. That would explain why the right side of the scrape looks more open and the left side looks more like the point of impact.

Even the hardest plastics like Champion have some give in them. If a disc hit there I'm sure it could leave a dent, but I don't see how it could possibly leave marks like the ones left and right of the ridge.

Either way, I hope someone fesses up and helps you pay for it.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I spend alot of time modifying this car. So I look at it on a daily basis. The picture does not do it justice and it was taken a few days after the incident, hence the rain. If you take a golf disk and put it up next to the car where the dent is, it fits perfectly.
    If you are like me, you may have been in the woods searching for a disc that you thew only to find it sticking vertically out of the ground; after a disc has flew a for a while it has the potential to pack quite a wallop; I would know as i have personally been hit with one. I took my finger and ran it across the edge of this dent and the paint faked off so thats why the damage may look condescending at first glance.
    Last edited by sublyme; 05-07-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Had that fender been repainted or something. I spent 18 years of my life in a garage/junk yard/body shop and factory paint shouldn't flake off like that from a dent cause by a none abrasive object. Automotive paint is VERY flexable.

Please don't read this wrong. I'm not at all try to argue with you or doubt you. The situation is just very curious. The disc would have had to been thrown HARD to put that type of dent in the car but you were parked in an area where discs shouldn't have been thrown hard or even at all. Then the paint flaked off which shouldn't have happened unless the object hitting your car was abrassive or the fender had been repainted.

Nevertheless, good luck. I hope someone comes forward no matter what happened.

the previous owner had a wreck in the front so you may be onto something there, this was in 2006 when it got fixed and repainted. maybe someone threw something other than a disc at my car that day and since i was not there to see it, maybe i am jumping to conclusions. for all i know that could have been a boomerang or something' lol. i dont guess you still do bodywork?
    Last edited by sublyme; 05-06-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Banned Users

For once in my life I am going to agree with Jeremy on this! I hate to burst your bubble but that was not caused by a disc! I have worked around cars my entire life in many different ways. My Father and Brother are and were both Body men. We all 3 can do whatever it is that needs to be done to repair a car. We have seen a zillion dents, dings, scrapes, and scratches in our time and I repeat this was not caused by a disc. As a matter of fact the next time you are at the park and see the Black Toyota Supra sitting there go check out the drivers side quarter. There is a very visible dent caused by a disc from close range(15 ft) and it did not even take the paint off. I know it was a disc that caused it because I was the one throwing it....it was a Champion Boss one of the hardest sharpest discs on the market.

So Before you accuse the disc golf crowd for damage to your car you had better have seen the disc hit your car. Yes it is unfortunate but we all park our cars at Charlie Vettiner Park at our own risk. If your car is that important to you next time I suggest parking at the pavilion and walking down to the course!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

So Before you accuse the disc golf crowd for damage to your car you had better have seen the disc hit your car. Yes it is unfortunate but we all park our cars at Charlie Vettiner Park at our own risk. If your car is that important to you next time I suggest parking at the pavilion and walking down to the course!!!
    I dont think whatever was thrown was from 15 feet. Regardless of what happened its irrelevant! Im not accusing the "disc golf crowd" of anything. Im just saying when i returned to my car after playing disc golf there was a dent in it, and a few days later i rubbed my finger across the dent and i flaked the paint off. as i stated in the previous thread before you flamed me, "maybe it was a boomerang or something"

Quote Originally Posted by sublyme View Post
    as i stated in the previous thread before you flamed me, "maybe it was a boomerang or something"
    Don't mind him, sublyme. He doesn't know how to speak to people.

I hate that this (whatever it was) happened to your ride. Don't let this incident, or any comments, detour you from the sport.

I can still do body work...but I don't. I know some good ones though but I live about an hour from CV.
    Last edited by jeremy; 05-07-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Thread Information