PDA

View Full Version : 2013 End of the Year Bag Tag Tournament

Justin
11-23-2013, 01:34 PM
End of the Year Tournament

Iroquois Park

Saturday, December 7

$1080 Total Payout (much higher than last year. Thanks for supporting it.)

Your 2013 bag tag is your entry fee. If you didnít get one this year, make sure you get one next year.

9:45 Players Meeting
10:00 Tee-off

Format will be one round of 18 and final 9. Everyone will play the first round with a handicapping system. The top two golfers from each card will move onto the final 9 with a similar handicapping system.

The handicapping system will be based on what pool the player is placed in. Pool A will play all longs, B will have the option to play 4 short pads, C has the option to use 9 short pads, D has the option to use 13 short pads, and E has the option to play all 18 short pads for the first round of 18. The final nine will also have short pads with pools A, B, C, D, and E being able to use 0, 2, 4, 7, and 9 short pads respectively. The first round will be played using a modified skins type of scoring. The player who shoots the solo lowest score on a hole gets a point. If two or more people tie with the lowest score then there are no points scored. Points do not carry over to the next hole. The two players with the highest score on the card will advance to the final nine. The final nine will be played with standard golf scoring with lowest score winning. If there is a tie for first, then the two players will play a sudden death playoff starting on hole 1 of the regular course from all long pads.

The pools were decided somewhat based on ratings but people can be moved to different pools. If you feel like you or someone else is in the wrong pool, say something and we will decide if they need to be moved.

The cards for the first round will be determined based on what tag number the player brings. The lowest tag will start on the first card, the second lowest will start on the second card, third on the third card, etc. and then the rotation will start again on the first card once a player was placed on all cards.

The final nine cards will be determined based on who is ready at the time. If four people are ready, they can make a card and start their final nine. Players have a max of one hour after the first round before they must be back to start the final nine. Payouts will be determined after everyone has finished their final nine.

Justin
11-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Pool A
Eric Gallusser
Robby Wildt
Daniel Allgeier
Martin Young
Billy Serapiglia
James McCormick
Jason Rose
Scott Payne
Josh Cooley
Kyle Lynch
Will Burke
Adam Embrey
Mike Schepers

Pool B
Makoto Nagata
Justin Marquess
Kevin Hall
Mark Wampler
Rollin Absher
Ralph Gallagher
Nathaniel Romans
Sam Shaheen
Andrew Jacobs
Johnny Williams
Michael Ohlman
Jason Woogs
Dave Minks
Tony Caldwell
Greg Jenkins

Pool C
Mike Owen
Steve Dodson
Jason Service
Colin Wise
Thomas Miller
Kris Delaney
Jesse Yates
Eddie Walsh
Josh May
James Slaten
Mark Stocker
Brandon McKittrick

Pool D
Cham Oeun
Terry Minks
Judge Blevins
Adam Naumann
Mike Dilts
Tommy Bronson
Steve Simpson
Charlie Cartwright
Matt Kendall
Phil Roberts
Damien Kinser
Russell Jackson

Pool E
Marty Huelsman
Jerod Stultz
Tim Bryson
Courtney Caldwell
Roger Slaten
Jim Reynolds
Lauren Yurt
Tim Minks*
John (Terry's Friend)*
Troy Smith*
Ken Atkins*
Randy Baker*
Steven Branham*
Josh Clark*
Tom Klister*
John Wilson*
Dan Zawacki*

* The people with this symbol next to their name do not have a player rating, and neither I nor Daniel know much about how this person plays. For this reason they were just placed in Pool E. If someone else knows something different and feels this is unfair, please speak up.

Jim Reynolds
11-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Good Job Justin. Should be fun. Winter League play on December 7th at Iroquois has been cancelled. Join us for the Bag Tag tournament.

The first Winter League play will be at Severin Lang on December 14th at 11:00 AM

klhall222
12-05-2013, 11:19 AM
....With the winter storm/ice moving in will this event still be played?

LtDan914
12-05-2013, 10:08 PM
....With the winter storm/ice moving in will this event still be played?

As of right now, yes. The storm should be gone by Saturday morning.

illyB
12-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Good question. I've found my tag in my old bag and am wondering as well

Mike_D
12-05-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm coming even if my car frozen to the driveway. Bring what ever weather on. i'm game no matter what

Justin
12-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Like Dan said, we are having it no matter the conditions. If that causes less people to show up, more money to those that do.

Justin
12-06-2013, 12:17 PM
A little incentive to come on out tomorrow despite the weather!
http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=580&stc=1

Will Burke
12-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Dang that money been picking up interest for six years now? What a good year Kentucky had a 8 wins and Louisville won an Orange Bowl.

Justin
12-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Haha. I was hoping someone would notice that. I see these articles every day, and it has been what helps me keep hope that UK will once again eventually have a decent football team. A team that is able to pull up upsets such as that one. That's the best game I've ever been to.

LtDan914
12-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated in bag tags this year. We had 31 people show up to try and play in the snow and try not to lose discs. Here are the results for the 16 people who made the final 9.

Name
Score
Payout

Mike Schepers

Robby Wildt

Justin Marquess

Josh May

James McCormick

Terry Minks

Billy Serapiglia

Scott Payne

Will Burke

Brandon McKittrick

Tim Minks

Phil Jones

Adam Embrey

Mike Dilts

Kris Delaney

Steve Dodson

Mike_D
12-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys. Had fun, lost one got it back. THANKS to who found it.