PDA

View Full Version : Rules of finding a disc

Mike_D
02-15-2013, 08:49 PM
If you come across a disc.

1st. Look for a name & or # on the disc
2nd. Ask other players on the course your playing if they lost a disc ( ask for them to I.D. it before showing it )
3rd. IF step 2 did not turn up an owner & the disc indeed has a name & or # CALL IT, try a couple times, leave a message.
4th. IF step 3 fail repeat step 2 in the days fallowing.
5th. Post on here or other disc golf forums a found disc at said course on said hole # ( ask it to be I.D.ed )
6th. After making all attempts to find the owner & nothing turns up IT'S YOURS

EddieBTrue
02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
In general I agree; however what exactly do you mean by #5? Are you saying to just leave the disc where you found it with some sort of message on it? Are you saying to venture to the course; and wait at the hole to see if someone comes by? Or am I completely misunderstanding the point??? 8-)

If you come across a disc.

1st. Look for a name & or # on the disc
2nd. Ask other players on the course your playing if they lost a disc ( ask for them to I.D. it before showing it )
3rd. IF step 2 did not turn up an owner & the disc indeed has a name & or # CALL IT, try a couple times, leave a message.
4th. IF step 3 fail repeat step 2 in the days fallowing.
5th. Post a found disc at said course on said hole # ( ask it to be I.D.ed )
6th. After making all attempts to find the owner & nothing turns up IT'S YOURS

mdwamp
02-20-2013, 12:03 PM
I think he meant to post it here on the lost and found disc section. If you really wanted to expand, you could do the same on disc golf course review.

martin
02-20-2013, 12:25 PM
or stick a note on a course bulletin board

Mike_D
02-20-2013, 12:46 PM
I think he meant to post it here on the lost and found disc section. If you really wanted to expand, you could do the same on disc golf course review.

THIS on #5

& what Martin suggested is also a good thing to do