PDA

View Full Version : New Plastic Suggestions for Watts 2.0

jeremy
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I haven't really played in the past two years and one of my resolutions is to reboot this year. I'd say that in the past two years I MAYBE played ten full rounds of disc golf. I plan on doing a whole lot of playing and nothing that even resembles work (so don't ask *wink*). The newest disc mold in my bag is an Xcaliber. I've yet to throw an Ape, Archon, Dominator, Krait, Mamba, TeeDevil, Vulcan, or Wahoo.

I went out and threw yesterday and I haven't really lost my distance. I'd say I'm hitting 500' to 550' pretty consistantly. Do I need to try any of these or will my Destroyers and Xcalibers still get me where I need to go? I'm curious about this Roc3 too since there are never less than three Rocs in my bag.

EDIT: Oh yeah...if you have suggestion please keep them Innova only. I'm a little anal in that sense.

mdwamp
01-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Welcome back! I will have LDGC Roc3's in my possession tomorrow . I also happen to have a "few" discs I'm selling. I know Martin has a box of cool stuff as well. I'm jealous of that distance! The first run Roc3 is $20.00

jobwilson82
01-09-2013, 10:49 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Stick to those Destroyers and XCalibers. If you are throwing 500+ with those, then the only disc on that list that may have substantial use for airshots would be the Ape. Everything else will be too flippy.

jeremy
01-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm interested in the Roc3 as long as you have some 180g. I'll buy two if you do.

mdwamp
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I'll pull two aside and let you know when I have them.

Daniel
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I haven't played much either over the past few years but what I'd humbly suggest is to take a glance at the Echo Star Bosses. They have more glide than the normal boss and are just a tad less stable. Of course, this would be just for holes like #5 at Freeman. For true golf shots under 500', I'd go Destroyer, maybe even Echo Star Destroyer. Before I had to stop, I was able to get bosses out to 575'. I was also messing around with the Blizzard Bosses and I think I could EASILY pass 600' with them and getting back into the rhythm of things. This would be for tailwind or calm winds ONLY. ;)

jeremy
01-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah...I do have a couple Bosses. Echo Star and Champion. I'm pretty familiar with them. I just forgot about them. Thanx for the info guys.