PDA

View Full Version : best disc golf shoes or toughest

ldclark
08-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I am trying to find out what shoes to buy for disc golf. I forehand a lot and drag the toe. Anybody that can help plz do so.

Mike_D
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Loving my KEENs comfy, light weight, toe guard & the best 100% water proof

martin
08-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Keens with a toe guard - or buy skateboarding shoes with a heavy rubber toe, they are cheap and easily replaceable

ldclark
08-13-2012, 07:45 PM
any particular style suited best for dg and where is place that has a good deal on them

Mike_D
08-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Got my KEENs off ebay for no joke $75.oo brand new. A steel when they go for double that

Most " disc golf shoes " are just trail / hiking shoes. shop around online cause no shops close i think have them. Maybe DICKS sporting goods

My key thing i looked for was water proof cause i hate being on the 1st couple holes & have to step in soggy ground & then play the rest of the round with wet feet.

My shoes http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/ss12/shoes/men/trailhead/tryon%20wp/bronze%20green!dark%20shadow

MarcusGresham
08-14-2012, 07:49 AM
I got a pair of Keens for Christmas and I love them, but I've already worn all the way through the toe cap. One thing I'm considering is a steel-toed tennis shoe. I don't know if they're waterproof (doubt they are,) but it would take some effort to wear through a steel toe like I have with the rubber toe.

Mike_D
08-14-2012, 08:52 AM
^ ^ ^ what size you wear ? i might have exactly what you want

Lightly used. Best steel toe work shies i have ever had & when compared with my KEENs there is not much difference
http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4208604&prodFindSrc=search

MarcusGresham
08-14-2012, 10:51 AM
9 1/2 usually

Mike_D
08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
same here 9.1/2 depending on shoe company. Timbs run small so mine are a size 9. Give me a call if interested in checking mine out & possible buy them

502-749-2593

Kao
08-14-2012, 04:31 PM
If you havn't already been to Swags I would check them out. They have the best cusomer service and are priced decent. I have also seen rubber cement for shoes to reinforce toe guards. I got me Merrell's from there around three years ago and they are still holding up.

Atvizory2000
08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
There is a Quest Outdoors in St. Matthews. They have a lot of climbing and hiking gear, and a nice collection of shoes. I seen they had Keens and vibram shoes. Not sure how cheap they are though.

Mike_D
10-16-2012, 12:46 PM
OK so my KEEN TRYON WP lasted 10 months before they needed some hot glue gun support. I played disc golf about 1 -2 times a week over that 10 months. My plant foot got worn down on both the inside & outside edge. I worn a hole on both sides down to the water proofing fabric before i added some hot glue to take the fallow through dragging.

good thing is my wife scored them for $65.oo shipped

still great feeling 100% perfect shoe for my game. So I just now bought another set of the same color, size & style for $75.oo shipped. Lets see how long these last & maybe i can keep a preventative step ahead or the damage.

BTW i find these great deals on Ebay

MarcusGresham
10-16-2012, 02:06 PM
I have a pair of Keens I got for Christmas. The toecap on my left shoe (my drag foot with a left-hand forehand,) has worn all the way through the rubber. The rest of the shoes are still in great shape, and there isn't even any degredation of tread. I'm thinking of taking them to a shoe repair place and having a steel toe cap put over that one if they can do it. I don't care if it looks good, I just want it to last (and if I wear through the rubber covering to a steel toe I might generate sparks when I drive. That's kind of a cool effect.)

martin
10-17-2012, 01:05 PM
I used to drag my toe more then i do now...my shoes last longer...just gotta change your form some...ill give though when it comes to throwing forehand its difficult

you gotta get worse to get better...Keen is the best though for toe issues...I also tried using skateboarding shoes for a while, they are great on pads but everywhere else they mostly sucked