Dubois County Park
Disc Golf Course
Jasper, IN
Grand Opening Disc Golf Tournament
August 12, 2012
A 2012 Bluegrass Disc Golf Signature Series Event
PDGA C-tier event

Two Rounds of 18 on the course
Players package for all players is Dubois County custom stamped Innova Champion disc and a mini disc

Innova Traveler basket for course record setter!

Register on line at Disc Golf U
(http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/433)Register by mail: Bluegrass Disc Golf
2637 Lost Cove
Bowling Green, KY 42104
Day of show registration 8:00 to 9:00 EST
Players meeting at 9:15 Start at 9:30

Pro Divisions: $50 (100%+ cash payback)
Advanced Divisions $30
Intermediate and Recreational Divisions $20

martin
07-26-2012, 12:09 PM
This is gonna be a great course - Im sure since it opened - the grand opening will have the course looking even more refined - hoping to play - anyone else looking to go and possibly carpool up there.

big shots - nice park

has the course had teepads installed yet?

LtDan914
07-26-2012, 01:55 PM
This is gonna be a great course - Im sure since it opened - the grand opening will have the course looking even more refined - hoping to play - anyone else looking to go and possibly carpool up there.

big shots - nice park

has the course had teepads installed yet?

I might go. I am always interested in playing a nearby tournament.

martin
07-26-2012, 02:38 PM
sadly the word is no concrete teepads

scottyb
07-26-2012, 02:55 PM
They should be in before the tournament Martin..

martin
07-26-2012, 03:02 PM
cool - great news, i for sure want to play the course again once they there

scottyb
07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
I'll let you know when they get put in, the had the county fair their last week so it was on the back burner until all of that was over. Should be soon (hopefully)

upfromtheashes
07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I played this course a couple weekends ago on the hottest day in 75 years (106 degrees). I liked it. I'm holding off on writing my review on DGCR until the teepads are poured and there's been time for some refinements. Do you know if there are any plans for benches? That course is long and hilly. A bench every couple of holes would be much appreciated.

MarcusGresham
07-30-2012, 06:18 PM
I played this course a couple weekends ago on the hottest day in 75 years (106 degrees). I liked it. I'm holding off on writing my review on DGCR until the teepads are poured and there's been time for some refinements. Do you know if there are any plans for benches? That course is long and hilly. A bench every couple of holes would be much appreciated.

I played it in the heat, too, but I'm fat, old, and out of shape, to the point that I couldnt' even finish. I'm excited to get back up there when it cools down and play the entire course, as I haven't thrown the last 5 holes, but I'm with you on the benches.

scottyb
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
I am pushing for at least some picnic tables during the tournament and possibly a few staying until benches can be put in. I'll definitely put in the word!

scottyb
08-03-2012, 12:39 PM
The first 6 tee pads are done... they are going to start soon on the next 6. Hopefully they'll get all of these done come tournament time.

scottyb
08-07-2012, 03:13 PM
12 of the 18 are done, the other 6 should be done by Wednesday evening. So all of the pads will be ready to play come Sunday.

HB553
08-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Cool (for August) weather . . . . new LEVEL tee pads . . . . 100 disc arrived today (all will be given out - paid for by local grant) . . . . and I am donating an Innova traveler basket for who ever sets the course record!

The low score on the first round will be the course record. If that is beat (not tied) on the second round that will be the course record.
If there is a tie, then the low total of the players will get the basket. If still tied: playoff.

scottyb
08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Half way full, let me know if you are coming and you aren't signed up. I have some ladies making us burgers/hot dogs for lunch... donations appreciated but not needed. Don't be left out.

MarcusGresham
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
How did you guys get the OK to put a basket on the dam? We've been wondering that since the corps of engineers won't allow any construction on the one at Buffalo Trace for a basket there.

scottyb
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Technically it's not really on the dam, it is at the end of the dam, it does not affect it's integrity..

scottyb
08-15-2012, 10:40 AM
How did you guys get the OK to put a basket on the dam? We've been wondering that since the corps of engineers won't allow any construction on the one at Buffalo Trace for a basket there.

Did you guys ever consider building a structure, kind of like on hole 7-8 (sorry can't remember the number) on the back side of the dam, would they allow you to build something like this so you actually don't have to dig a hole in the dam to affect it's integrity?

MarcusGresham
08-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Terry Glass would be the man to answer that most likely.

HB553
08-23-2012, 09:40 AM
At Jenny Wiley I worked with the engineers at the Corps providing detailed engineering drawings and specs, and got approval for both a basket on top of the dam and a tee box on top of the dam.

The approval took a while, and many layers of management looked at it.