PDA

View Full Version : Playing Idlewild

Atvizory2000
05-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Me and a few buddies were thinking about going and playing idlewild in florence this weekend. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any tourny's going on this weekend, and how much traffic this course gets? Being one of the top rated courses, I thought it might get packed like IQ and a lot of waiting around for other groups to pass.

illyB
05-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Not sure about tourneys but u can check the pdga schedule. Idlewild and irq are 2 totally different courses is regards to waiting and quality. I'm betting waits would be minimal to non existent. That course scares a lot of people. It's a BEAST! Have fun, bring extra plastic, and be prepared to look for discs.

Daniel
05-29-2012, 10:28 AM
No, Idlewild does NOT get packed lik Iq does. Occasionally, you'll run into some other groups but generally the "super casual" players tend to stay away from IW because it's really quite difficult and not for beginners. It is an awesome course but can really eat you alive if your game is off...

Take in Lincoln Ridge and/or Boone Woods as well. BW is likely to be packed but it's quite a bit like IQ and has some nice, fun holes.

Atvizory2000
05-29-2012, 11:18 AM
We planned on playing Lincoln ridge if we have enough discs left in our bags lol.

Daniel
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
We planned on playing Lincoln ridge if we have enough discs left in our bags lol.

meh, you won't lose too many at Idlewild. The rough isn't very rough anymore vs when I first played in September of '00. You could hardly walk the fairways...

Atvizory2000
06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Well we played Idlewild and it was a beast like everyone has said. We didnt do too bad though.... I shot a 94, brother shot a 103, buddy shot 102, and cousin quit after about 14 holes hahaha. We didnt play strict rules though and played a few short baskets, so our scores are probably about 6 to 10 strokes off.

Here is a video we made of our day. Its pretty funny but there is a lot of cursing lol.....disc golf is an emotional sport!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD5uJsFUrU&list=UUaS3NE2MIIpF1UCSrt1QNhQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Justin
06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
LtDan914 loves that first hole in the video. lol. When we played it was iced over and his landed dead center of the pond. It's frustrating when you can see it but can't get to it.

MarcusGresham
06-05-2012, 11:07 PM
LtDan914 loves that first hole in the video. lol. When we played it was iced over and his landed dead center of the pond. It's frustrating when you can see it but can't get to it.

Lost a disc at Buffalo Trace just the same way. Sucks just sitting there looking at it.