PDA

View Full Version : Derby City Discs

Daniel
05-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Is it still going? I've emailed them (no response), called (no answer) and stopped by and they were closed during business hours. This was a week ago...just curious if anyone knows...

Thanks!

jamesmcc
05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
They are no longer in business.

ripIT
05-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Dang what about derby city classic and Cvo title sponsor still happening.

weeman
05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
From what I have heard (though not directly from Damon) they are still happening. If someone else wants to clear this up with more info, that'd be great.

Judge
05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
yes what you say is true

Daniel
05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Uh, which one, Judge?

Judge
05-02-2012, 09:18 PM
both closed and still sponsoring

swasafix
05-02-2012, 09:33 PM
that sux, why did they close, it was good to have a store

Judge
05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Damon had his reasons and it is not my place to speak for him. Do not forget about Eddie at River Town Spirits he is still there selling discs and has a large selection. Also you can pick up some drinks while you are there he has a selection of those too. If you dont know where he is @ its Brandenburg close to meade olin

Mike_D
05-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Knows why & i can understand 100%

still SAD to see our pro shop go

Daniel
05-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Damon had his reasons and it is not my place to speak for him. Do not forget about Eddie at River Town Spirits he is still there selling discs and has a large selection. Also you can pick up some drinks while you are there he has a selection of those too. If you dont know where he is @ its Brandenburg close to meade olin

Wow, for us here in the 'ville, it's hard to get to B-burg for your discs. (Well, it is for me.) I always tried to support him when I needed a disc. Granted, it hadn't been for a while bcs I've been out. That really sucks. I wish *someone* established around here would carry some. The PIAS in the East End just doesn't have a lot. (They do have a tasty looking poppy-top blizzard destroyer, though!)

Oh well. Maybe when Tom Sawyer gets put in... ;)

Sunspot
05-03-2012, 12:58 AM
That's sad to hear about DCD. I was in there not too long ago purchasing some plastic.Looks like I will have to go back to the local PIAS to get some local plastic. Other than that I'll have to order online.

The PIAS in the East End just doesn't have a lot. (They do have a tasty looking poppy-top blizzard destroyer, though!)

Their prices are maddening. They are widely inconsistent in pricing. I've seen a Discraft x-out (Discraft x-out is marked on the back of the disc) marked for full price. I've seen DX plastic marked for 10 dollars. They have Millennium APs that are 21 dollars!!!! I would probably buy more if their prices were consistent with the grade of plastic. I can't justify buying plastic that is WAY marked up.

Daniel
05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
That seems to be the MAJOR problem with big name retailers (Dick's, for example). If they'd match some place like www.discgolfcenter.com, I'd buy here locally. Otherwise...

MarcusGresham
05-04-2012, 12:41 AM
I hate to see Damon close and I hope he can still set up at tournaments and sell his stuff, but like Judge said, Eddie has a lot of stuff. I don't think he sells used discs like Damon did, but he has a really good selection and his prices are good. If you're in the area to play Meade Olin or Otter Creek stop in there (if for no other reason than to listen in to whatever Eddie's talking about because he always has a hilarious story brewing.)