PDA

View Full Version : McNeely Lake Support

Kao
05-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I copied Jennifer's thread from the Allstars board. Let's show support and hopefully we will have a new course in town!

Allstars Disc Golf Club submitted a proposal at the first master plan meeting for a disc golf course to be installed at McNeely Lake Park during the redesign. We would like to place the course where the current softball/cross country fields are, as I was told this would be the best spot to have a chance to get it from the person doing the redesign plans. There is a chance we could get a course there but they need to see interest from the disc golf community. The more interest we express may increase our chances of getting it installed. Please send an email to Milana at the metro parks department expressing interest in seeing a disc golf course installed at McNeely Lake Park near the cross country field. Her email address is:
Milana.boz@louisvilleky.gov

Thank you all for the support!! :cheers:

Mike_D
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
This is a GREAT LOCATION for a course place is beautiful & located south but between I.Q. & C.V.

I was thinking about a course there back in November when i held a car show there BUT i was thinking more in the woods & around the lake NOT OPEN FIELDS

e mail sent

weeman
05-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I think your caps lock button is going crazy.

Mike_D
05-02-2012, 09:11 AM
i'm sorry does that bother U

weeman
05-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Not at all. Only your emphasis that a open course is worse than no course at all.

Mike_D
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Not at all. Only your emphasis that a open course is worse than no course at all.

Never said that.

Any course at all is always good

weeman
05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Then your caps lock really is broken.

Mike_D
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
This is a GREAT LOCATION for a course place is beautiful & located south but between I.Q. & C.V.

I was thinking about a course there back in November when i held a car show there BUT i was thinking more in the woods & around the lake NOT OPEN FIELDS

e mail sent

once you read IT ALL you see that i didn't state anything about if it's in a field then i would rather no course at all.

I said what i said.

& i sent e mail so i think i support a course there no matter when it goes

ANY WAYS on with the support

ThAnKs MiKe D

jobwilson82
05-03-2012, 12:33 AM
I think Mike D & Wyatt should join forces and do the design.

Sunspot
05-03-2012, 02:09 AM
I sent an email.

I expressed to them how far behind Louisville was in the disc golf scene,how stagnant Metro Parks is, and that they should be embarrassed with the disc golf course/park ratio. I brought it to their attention that lowly Bowling Green has more courses than the grand ole city of Louisville, and that Radcliff has half as many courses as Louisville. I reminded them that this is "Possibility" City and not "Probability" City. I'm waiting to hear their response.

JK :)

I told them it would be a great idea to add a new course.

Mike_D
05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I think Mike D & Wyatt should join forces and do the design.

I can design it. I had my own company before i move to Louisville designing big bike & skate parks on the east coast. While this may be a different sport i know i could do it & know what it takes to work with cities, town & parks departments

but i know what you said was a joke

djswim
05-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Email sent. I did bring up Bowling Green, but not in a negative way. More like a "Hey, if Bowling Green can support that many courses and have that many big events, think what we can do here!" kind of way.

TommyB
05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
skate OR die! JOB grow UPí BOOM!