PDA

View Full Version : Course Work Days

martin
04-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Course Workdays:

Seviren Lang, Monday 9am, April 9th - working with New Albany/Floyd County Parks - bushhogging, chainsaw cleanup, installation of new pins, and debris removal

Charlie Vettiner Park - work days to be announced ASAP - gravel drop, hole 12 is getting a facelift, 13 is getting stairs, and the stairs need to be reconditioned on 15 + lots of mulch - Expect Work Days to be during the Mayors Give A Day Week, April 15th - 22nd.

Work Day #1 at Charlie Vettiner will be Monday April 16th - beginning at 9am - expect more days and times to be listed...

captain plastic
04-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Can't wait. I know Monday is a tough day for most but let's pull together
and get some people at Charlie Vettiner!

Kao
04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I will be at the Seviren work day for sure. There is a chance that I can be at the first CV work day as long as I'm home by one.

MarcusGresham
04-06-2012, 12:36 AM
I may be able to make it to SL for a bit, but it would only be a couple of hours.

martin
04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Be great guys - and to everyone else out there - be it an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, whatever you can find some time for - come out and help some -

I expect to be at Seviren Monday from 9 am - 5 pm - lunch break in the middle somewhere

Adam
04-08-2012, 10:01 AM
I'll be there tomorrow morning. If anyone else is fortunate enough to have some time off tomorrow, please come out and help improve the course even if it's just for an hour or two, every little bit helps!

martin
04-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks to Jason Woogs, Kyle Lynch, Mark Wampler, and Dave Greenwell - we worked at Charlie Vettiner yesterday morning and laid down rock on hole 12

the plan from metro parks will be to cover this rock in mulch

we will be doing this elsewhere on the course as well

Next week is the Mayors Give A Day Volunteer Week

Work Days scheduled so far - more rock drops, mulching, stair repair on 14, and debris removal around the course

Monday 9am - 12pm (maybe some more work after lunch)

Tuesday 2pm - 6pm (after the work day is the first Charlie Vettiner Singles Rated Round League)

Wednesday 4pm - 8pm (i realize this is during wed IQ leagues but we needed to schedule an evening work day)

Thursday/Friday - to be announced - work pending...

martin
04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Everyone please try and come help at some point - be it 1 work, 1 hour on 1 work day, anything

All work must be done during the work days and a form must be signed by volunteers as we are tracking hours as well for Metro

Items to bring: Wheelbarrow, Shovel, Rake, Gloves, - anysuggestions let me know

Martin Young