PDA

View Full Version : New to the Game...Again

jeremy
02-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Until yesterday I hadn't thrown a disc in nearly four months. Before that day (four months ago) I hadn't thrown a disc for nearly four MORE months. In the past eight months I've thrown the equivilant of around and a half.

With that being said. I played nine holes at Meade/Olin yesterday and was pleasently surprised. It's like riding a bike, aparently. I was still able to drive pin high on hole one. I hit a 40' putt. I was nailing my line but hyzering off quite a bit due to a LITTLE lost power. Over all...I played pretty well considering I hadn't played in months.

Today...I'm sore! I hadn't been sore from disc golf in YEARS. My right pec hurts, my thighs hurt, my hand hurts, my butt hurts, my abs hurt, my tricep hurts, etc. It's amazing just how many muscle we use to play this game. The tenderness of my muscles makes me more confident of my theroy of throwing techniques (using your core).

With Julie and mine's house getting finished up...I think I might start playing again. We're moving in this weekend.

Daniel
02-29-2012, 12:08 PM
I completely understand your (literal) pain. When I was playing regularly, I always took mid-Nov-Feb off and without fail, I always shot some of my "hottest" rounds when coming back. It always startled me when I did that.

Now that it's much more few and far between for rounds, my body revolts every time I try. I played the front 11 at CV a couple of weeks ago and it afterward, my body was not liking it...I'm hoping someday to be able to play 3-4 rounds per day like I used to.

I hope everything works out and you can get back to playing more often. It is really good exercise--works most, if not all large muscle groups.