PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Kentucky State Representative

jeremy
02-02-2012, 10:52 AM
One of the fun perks of being the PDGA State Coordinator is that I get to come up with a way to determine the USDGC State Representative. They give the State Coordinator the option to do anything from simply picking a person to go and represent the state to having an event that determines the representative.

This year they are going to do a performance based portion of the USDGC called the “Performance Flight. In this group the winner will be determined by their score at the event related to their skill level (for more info about the USDGC and how winners will be determined click here (http://www.usdgc.com/)). This means if you have a rating of 875 or higher you have the opportunity to play at the USDGC and possibly win.

The option that they encourage for selecting the representative is to select an event within the state and let that event be the qualifier. I’ve decided to use the Brandenburg Open #21. In the past I selected the Freeman Lake Open and the Southern Kentucky Championship. This year I wanted to draw a bigger crowd to a course that is near and dear to me.

All divisions will play the exact same layout and score will be submitted to the USDGC to use their formula to determine who will be awarded the State Representative spot.

Hope to see you there.

Mike_D
02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
(for more info about the USDGC and how winners will be determined click here).

Nothing to be clicked on

martin
02-02-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.usdgc.com/competitors/qualifying

Jeremy looks like a change:

All Performance Flight candidates and participants must have a PDGA Player Rating of 875 or higher,
and must have a minimum of 12 PDGA Rated rounds between November 1, 2011 and October 1, 2012

jeremy
02-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Nothing to be clicked on
Thanx! Fixed.

http://www.usdgc.com/competitors/qualifying

Jeremy looks like a change:

All Performance Flight candidates and participants must have a PDGA Player Rating of 875 or higher,
and must have a minimum of 12 PDGA Rated rounds between November 1, 2011 and October 1, 2012
Ooops! The email that I received has a typo in it then. Thanx for the heads up.

martin
02-02-2012, 12:08 PM
i like the minimum 12 rounds - I think golfers in general shouldn't be given a rating until they have at least 6-8 rounds recorded - but off topic

Meade-Olin will be a great spot for the performance flight - good idea jeremy

MarcusGresham
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to be at the Brandenburg Open, anyway. You guys always put on a helluva show.

lilfatguy
02-13-2012, 02:57 PM
uhhhh yu have a date on that for me yet LOL??????????

Adam
02-13-2012, 09:34 PM
He's gotta ok it with the state coordinator first hahaha

weeman
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Are you planning on toughen up the course with OBs, longer tees, and whatnot? Otherwise, I don't see this as being a good event to find a state representative. I don't see any actual golf strategy required (other than don't hit a tree) or risk/reward involved at Brandenburg. Not to knock Meade-Olin because I like that course but its a pitch-and-putt essentially when compared to what awaits in Rock Hill, and isn't a true test of a golfer's abilities.

jeremy
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Are you planning on toughen up the course with OBs, longer tees, and whatnot? Otherwise, I don't see this as being a good event to find a state representative. I don't see any actual golf strategy required (other than don't hit a tree) or risk/reward involved at Brandenburg. Not to knock Meade-Olin because I like that course but its a pitch-and-putt essentially when compared to what awaits in Rock Hill, and isn't a true test of a golfer's abilities.
It's a competition to see who gets to go not a preparation to go. Every course is a test of a golfer's abilities. There will not likely be any major modifications to Meade/Olin. It would be neat to have the additional holes again.

weeman
02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Agreed that every course can test some of a golfer's abilities, but why not test as many abilities as possible to find who is up to the total challenge. In the last few years Freeman Lake (drive placement), Ephram White (distance control), and even Holler In The Hills (risk/reward putting) provided only some of the challenge Winthrop Gold would throw at you. I don't see why you wouldn't want it to be a preparation for the main event. Otherwise, just pick someone to go.

martin
02-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Having at least played and caddied at winthrop I agree with wyatt
Usdgc qualifier, jeremy bring the yellow ropes for the open, everyone else can play the course as is,

jobwilson82
02-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Since it is a Qualifier for the Performance Edition, I think it should be an Open and Advanced tournament, and we should all play the yellow ropes.

Ironman
02-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Shhhhhhh