PDA

View Full Version : Professional ultimate combine 1/29

Bubby Hill
01-06-2012, 01:56 PM
A friend of mine, David Veech, is the owner of a new, professional Ultimate team, the Louisville Revolution, that will start play in the spring. They are having a local combine to find players for this team. They are seeking volunteers (and perhaps players) to help with this process. I don't play ultimate, don't have the knee cartilage for it anymore, but I love supporting any frisbee-related sport. I plan on going and helping out however I can. Feel free to join in. Below is the information provided to me from David. Thanks guys. Bub

The combine will be held on Sunday, January 29, from 9 am to Noon at the YMCA in Buckner, Kentucky (Oldham County, just off I-71). We need some volunteers to help us with:

-Setting up for the combine (from 7:30 am to 9:00 am) (Laying out the events, prepping the registration area, putting up banners and station identification signs, cleaning up)
-Managing parking
-Checking people in (verifying registration data, taking a headshot photo, checking height and weight, assigning a combine number, assigning to a pool.
-Timing and recording participants attempts at the four combine stations (40 yard dash, Vertical leap, Throwing accuracy, Shuttle run)
-Checking people out (verifying they have completed all events, recovering combine numbers/pennies, verifying contact information)
-Manning video cameras
-Interviewing participants for human interest stories for marketing and future use during games or special events.
-Cleaning up and packing up at the end.

We expect to have about sixty potential players from Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee. We want to make a good first impression. I think we can run the combine with about 10 volunteers. My daughter is helping, and she's going to bring a couple of friends. If the Disc Golf Association is willing to help, we'd be very grateful. We're buying lunch for the volunteers afterwards (pizza and beer/sodas) and offering everyone 2 tickets to 2 games during the season.

If anyone is willing to help, we will need their name, address, phone number, email, age and preference of work stations. Please send that information to raymie.younkin@rivercityrevolution.com (http://us.mc1623.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=raymie.younkin@rivercityrevolution.com) .

Thanks!

David