PDA

View Full Version : Course Open

scottyb
11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Is the course open for play, I'm thinking about playing there tomorrow but don't want to drive all the way to be disappointed. TY

Mike_D
11-04-2011, 02:00 PM
You know what i just might do the same IF 100% playable

tamahawk0
11-04-2011, 02:28 PM
The course is typically playable year round, even when the gates are closed during the winter months, you can park at the back of the target parking lot and start on #5. I've never had any issues playing the course even when the park is otherwise closed. However, there is a TON of construction going on at the park right now and i would not recommend driving down to play the course. The front nine is fine, but most of the back nine is tore up from the construction. It is my understanding that construction will not be complete until spring of next year.

scottyb
11-04-2011, 02:30 PM
The course is typically playable year round, even when the gates are closed during the winter months, you can park at the back of the target parking lot and start on #5. I've never had any issues playing the course even when the park is otherwise closed. However, there is a TON of construction going on at the park right now and i would not recommend driving down to play the course. The front nine is fine, but most of the back nine is tore up from the construction. It is my understanding that construction will not be complete until spring of next year.

Thanks I'll just check out Radcliff/Muldraugh instead.

Mike_D
11-04-2011, 02:39 PM
yep i'm out then Scotty don't forget O.C. is open

scottyb
11-04-2011, 02:47 PM
yep i'm out then Scotty don't forget O.C. is open

Playing with one of my buddies and he's play OC, he's wanting to check out some new courses.

John
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I played Freeman on Tuesday. There is one hole that is not playable. That is hole 13 (the one before the silo) that basket has been removed and will most likely be placed in another (similar) position after the construction is finished.
If you guys come down this way, let me know, I am only a few minutes from Freeman.

tamahawk0
11-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks I'll just check out Radcliff/Muldraugh instead.

These two courses always make for a good day of disc golf!, if someone is looking to check out some new courses, these are the two i would recommed. If he hasn't played Freeman yet, i would wait until the course is in better shape, it would leave a much better impression.

Mike_D
06-07-2012, 02:38 PM
What's the latest news on this course as of June 2012 ?

I'm going to be at the park all day this Saturday for a car show & figured while the car sits at the show i go play me a round of disc golf.

THANKS Mike

Kao
06-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I don't know the current status and hopefully someone who does will chime in. If not it sounds like we will get an update from you since you will be there anyway.

John
06-08-2012, 07:36 AM
The basket on 13 has not yet (as of Thursday) been replaced. They are finished with the ground work on that hole and it was seeded this week. It shouldn't be too long before the basket is back. The rest of the course is in great shape. They have done a fine job mowing so far. The water is still being kept down and the park told me it will continue to be down after the construction work is done because it will be spawning season.
There are 25-30 new trees on holes 4-6 and a few more new ones on holes 14 and 17. These trees are 8'-15' tall already. As they mature those holes will be much tougher.

PM sent

Mike_D
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
THANKS JOHN

Been almost 2 years since i been there. Can't wait for the show & a round of D.G.

illyB
08-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Gonna be passing through etown tomorrow and would like to play freeman. Any been there in a while, playable, etc?

Mike_D
08-01-2012, 11:59 PM
It's all good. I thing hole 13s basket is back up. If not that's the only hole closed

John
08-02-2012, 07:28 AM
13's basket is still not up. Most people are playing to the trunk of the second deciduous tree on the left. That is about 20'short of where the basket was.
The water is still down.
They have added about 30 trees to holes 4-6.
The woods line to the left of the gap on hole 6 has been completely cleared of all the under-brush. I'm not sure I like that as it makes that hole currently in the longest posistion much easier.

martin
10-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Played freeman today....wow, this is one of the best regional courses we have...first time I've been there since the last freeman open, couple years, new trees, rough cut out, awesome course, can't wait to go back

Also threw at otter in prep for fling a thing...aced 12 with a condor...first ever otter ace and first condor ace...course looks great and it looks like the temp holes doll are flagged as well