PDA

View Full Version : Charity Ideas (No Players Packs)?

jeremy
11-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm really wanting to do something different with this event. I'd like to raise some money with the event to donate to a local church's "Angel Tree" fund (since Christmas is just around the corner). I feel like one of the easier ways to do this is to just simply NOT have a players pack and therefore have that money that I would have spent on players packs for the charity.

Would this be a deal breaker for anyone? Would you NOT come play if you know that there is NOT going to be a players pack. Payouts will still be as good as you would expect from a C-tier (those of you that know me know that I can't help but bump it up a bit regardless).

I just want to kill two birds with one stone and support two things that I really believe in with one event. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

JohnnyNoPants
11-02-2011, 03:52 PM
I am all for giving up the player's pack in order to give to a charity that is worthwhile. That is directly in line with what TNP is about, so no gripes from any of us!

jamesmcc
11-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Another thing u could do is put a donations jar out disc golfers are always generous.

Will Burke
11-02-2011, 05:07 PM
I for one only go to c-tiers to get a players pack. Why should underpriveledged children get a present on Christmas? I need a 32nd dx roc.

Justin
11-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I need a 32nd dx roc.

or 32nd dx aviar. I have no problem with it. I also think James has a nice idea.

jobwilson82
11-02-2011, 07:29 PM
What's an Angel Tree?

mdwamp
11-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I think it's a great idea.

Ironman
11-02-2011, 08:23 PM
If no players packs and proceeds are going to the Angel tree instead. Could we get some Angels to whear on our bags as we play to show support. (secretly i hope there might be a real angel connected to mine to keep my discs away from the trees) But seriously something to think about.

Bassmanatum
11-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Will, I literally laughed out loud :) My wife and I always adopt two kids at our church from the angle tree. I think it is a great idea. Also, put out a donations box as well. Maybe even give 1/4-1/2 the ace pot to it. Just a thought.

Ironman
11-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Maybe if you have time, inbetween round have like a 100 foot throw(for some)/putt(for others) to a basket for maybe 1$. first to hit wins a special disc with all proceeds going to the charity.

Onther idea would be blind fold a player down by #1 basket out in the field, spin him around and let him decide which way and how far to throw the disc to the basket. Charge 1 or 5$ and closest to the pin win a special prize. Agian all proceeds go to the charity.

Just some random thoughts.

scottyb
11-03-2011, 08:43 AM
What's an Angel Tree?

if this is the same as what my parents used to do, I think its a christmas tree with kids names on it, generally good kids from underprivelaged families that are most unlikely to receive gifts on christmas.

jeremy this is a great idea, I'd be willing to support it even if I can't make the tournament.

captain plastic
11-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Great idea.

JHenson
11-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I'll donate some discs for a throw off with the money going towards the Angel Tree.

festis
11-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Just a thought, not sure if it works this way, but is it possible to go ahead and order player's packs and use them to donate. It seems like a good way to do a good thing for kids and promote the sport at the same time.

xTOMMYxIRISHx
11-03-2011, 12:03 PM
But I'm sure a lot of them kids would have no way to even get to the course to play. I like the idea of wearing a Angel and how much would the players packs be?

xTOMMYxIRISHx
11-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Also what about hole sponsor money going to the tree also because then we can tell people it's a tax write off on top of being a AD.