PDA

View Full Version : New course in eminence, ky

festis
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Harry Hill Disc Golf Course Grand Opening October 22. I know this is Holler Time for most people, but for those not able to go, DCD will be present at the Grand Opening. They will be having a ceremony at 9 AM with a FREE tourney to follow. Of course it is prizes to winner of each division only, but hey it's free.
You can get the info on Facebook by searching for Harry Hill Disc Golf Course Grand Opening. But here is some of it:
Directions- From Louisville take I71 North to New Castle exit 28 Route153
Turn right on 153
Goto four way stop, turn left on 146
Stay on 146 for 7.6 Miles
At four way stop turn right on 421
Take 421 for 1.4 Miles
Stay on 421 by turning left
First parking lot on your right is Harry Hill Park
Park is across from Henry Christian Church in Eminence,Ky
Also I am looking for a couple of people to assist with the store while I am there. And yes that means the store won't be here, but will be there.

captain plastic
10-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Nice! This is not that far from Louisville. What is the course like?

festis
10-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I haven't personally been there yet and it is not yet supposed to be open to the public til Saturday, but a scout of mine has said that it similar to Radcliff with rolling hills. But that's all the info I have on it.

jobwilson82
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
"Eminence Front" 9 -- name that pop culture reference.

LtDan914
10-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Eminence Front by The Who

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APgC6XYcmSY&ob=av2n

MarcusGresham
10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
It's a put-on

Kao
10-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I was hoping to make this but it doesn't look like I can. Let us know how the course plays!

festis
10-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Ok we just got back from Harry Hill! First of all thank you to everyone involved in getting this course in the ground. It's location is easy to get to and to find and really helps bridge some gaps in the course. Even though the course is in Henry Co., people from Shelbyville will soon call the place home. While it is a pretty open course, the scores posted today don't suggest that it is too easy. Harry Hill is a 9 hole course perfectly suited to attract new people into the sport. Hole 2, has to be the signature hole though. At 550 ft long it is a monster in itself, but if you are a hyzer kinda guy you are OB almost the whole time the disc is in the air with a 6 or 7 foot chain link fence blocking re-entry that are too low. After that, not only is the basket tucked be a hill, but there is OB long with that same fence for misplaced approach shots. Hole 5 with the mandos can eat you up as well. Good course to go check out whenever you all can. I found it pretty easy to just go straight down 55 through shelbyville to get there. Drive until you see a park with baskets on your right, it's about 20min, turn right then go into the parking lot hole 1 is on the right.

Adam
11-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Click here to see photos of the course, read my review and get directions. (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4899)

Mike_D
11-09-2011, 11:41 AM
WOW Looks like most of that course wouldn't be friendly to play when base ball games going on. looks like it will be unplayable at those times

Justin
11-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Looks fine to play to me. Just don't throw it on the field. It never appears that would even be a problem unless you just shank one.

CG17415
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
The course looks really nice. I'm definetly gonna come up n play it one day...

LtDan914
11-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Just don't throw it on the field.

Excellent advice Justin!

Seriously though the baseball field looks to be a major part in this hole

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/4899/1ce68e87.jpg
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/4899/340d5d70.jpg

The best shot is basically a hyzer over the field which runs the risk of hitting the scoreboard. That looks like a problem to me, especially if there is a game going on. There should be like a mando to throw left of the first light pole but there is still a good possibility of going over the fence.

Over than that the course does look nice and a good beginner friendly course. I will probably make my way there sometime in the near future.

Kao
11-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Taken from Adam's review: "Hole 6 is a turnover shot for RHBH players with the ball field on your right OB. A mando stops you from throwing over the field. Trees line the left side of the fairway and the basket sits in the middle of a slope making this a short, but difficult hole."

LtDan914
11-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Taken from Adam's review: "Hole 6 is a turnover shot for RHBH players with the ball field on your right OB. A mando stops you from throwing over the field. Trees line the left side of the fairway and the basket sits in the middle of a slope making this a short, but difficult hole."

Good call. I probably should have read Adam's review before posting on here.

Adam
11-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Hole 6 is the shortest hole on the course, but it's probably the toughest to birdie. I only got it once out of four rounds.

I found out there's a non-sanctioned doubles event at this course on Nov. 19th. This would be a great time to go check out the new course. More information to come.

Mike_D
11-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Was thinking about checking this out BUT not worth to me to drive 45 minutes for a 9 hole course :-(

MarcusGresham
11-10-2011, 10:42 AM
There was another hole that looked to go along the 1st base line of a baseball field. It didn't look like there would really be any problem with going on the field, but it did look like the fairway had a good chance to be littered with specatators.

weeman
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM
That looks like hole 18 at Basil Griffin. Nice little ace run with the chance of OB on the right.

Kao
11-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Was thinking about checking this out BUT not worth to me to drive 45 minutes for a 9 hole course :-(

Not worth it if you only play one round but fine if you have time for more.

jobwilson82
11-11-2011, 12:41 PM
This thread gets the Mike D Stamp of Disapproval.

festis
11-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Adam is right Nov 19 they have mixed doubles (co-ed). 15 entrance fee. winning couple gets two turkeys.

festis
11-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh and keep this in mind... two beginners and one non player(until now) designed this course. No pros involved. nobody with a big name. just some locals who wanted a course close to home. they did a great job raising 5000 dollars in a short period of time. The main designer didn't even move to the area until 2010 then spent 9 months in a development class. After the class is when the plans and money were finally decided on. This course took less than 1 year from "hey lets build a course" to "lets go play". Great job done by New Castle Christian Minister, Tommy Lanham.

noLowPuttsDave
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
i think Nick should do something like a "like" button for the site, so you can like some ones post or dislike some ones post...because I really like job's last response haha

jobwilson82
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
i think Nick should do something like a "like" button for the site, so you can like some ones post or dislike some ones post...because I really like job's last response haha

Just send me discs. I'm putting together an eBay lot of discs with all profits going towards a hole sponsor at the new course in Evansville. We really only lack like four holes and we can buy the baskets and start setting the pads!

I already have upwards of 25 discs, including a donation from Avery Jenkins!