PDA

View Full Version : END OF THE SEASON BAG TAG TOURNEY - DECEMBER 3rd

martin
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
End of the Season Tourney for the 2011 Bag Tags

Where: Seviren Lang Disc Golf Course

When: December 3rd

Time: 10:30 AM Teeoff

What: Handicapped Tourney where players will have the choice to play a variety of different pads as they compete with set groups over an 18 hole experience to qualify for the final 9 holes where over $1300 will be paid out to the winners.

Requirements to play: You must have a 2011 Bag Tag

Bag Tags are still for sale $30 each

martin
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Purse is $1300 and growing

Tags are $30

If you have lost or missplaced your tag get in touch with me ASAP

Unofficial Handicapping is below

martin
11-21-2011, 11:30 AM
End of the Season Bag Tag Tourney

Where: Seviren Lang

When: December 3rd, Tee-off 1030 AM

I will be there by 9:00 to start collecting Bag Tags upon your arrival and to answer any questions about the format for the event.

Play will be handicapped by the use of short/long pads throughout the day.

I have placed the 100+ Taggers into 5 groups

(18 hole Match Play)
Group A - 0 short pads
Group B - 4 short pads
Group C - 9 short pads
Group D - 13 short pads
Group E - 18 short pads

(9 hole Finals)
Group A - 0 short pads
Group B - 2 short pads
Group C - 5 short pads
Group D - 7 short pads
Group E - 9 short pads

Taggers choose which short pads they want to play during the rounds. A tagger is not required to play their maximum number of short pads. For example: A tagger from Group D(13 shorts) might choose to only play 9 short pads during round 1.

First Round (qualifying 18 holes)

Taggers will be seeded based on the tag they have the day of the tournament.

Everyone will play 18 holes - Each card will be playing a form of match play against one another (3-5 packs)

Play will consist of awarding a point to whomever on the card wins the hole. If more then one player ties for lowest score on a hole - the hole is matched and no points are awarded. Play moves on to the next hole.

Additional handicaps: All women are given 1 point upon the start of the Round. Women also may teeoff from short pad #2 on hole 15.
Additional handicaps: Any one who aces a hole will receive 1 bonus point for the hole.

The top two point leaders on each card will qualify for the Final 9 Holes.

In the event of a tie - those players who must playoff will return to a specified shot (near hole 1) to playoff for strokes, followed by CTP if necessary.

Final 9 Holes

Those who qualify will be rewarded with the chance to playoff for a +$1300 purse. A staggered start with groups of 5 will begin to teeoff on Temp Hole A.

Play during this round will be stroke based.

martin
11-21-2011, 12:37 PM
ATTENTION - unofficial groupings - may be changed at any time - ATTENTION

Group A

0 short pads

Jim Ashton

Josh Dobelstein

Tim Foley

Dave Greenwell

Eric Gallusser

Keith Gallusser

James McCormick

Mickey Pennington

Brian Pierce

Scott Rief

Billy Serapiglia

Mike Schepers

Robby Wildt

Martin Young

Group B

4 short pads

John Allgeier

Daniel Allgeier

Rick Barr

Will Burke

Josh Cooley

Kevin Hall

Wyatt Hardenberg

Adam Embry-Higdon

Bub Hill

Kyle Lynch

Scott Payne

Sam Shaheen

Larry Sneegas

Jeff Worley

martin
11-21-2011, 12:38 PM
ATTENTION - unofficial groupings may be changed at any time - ATTENTION

Group C

9 short pads

Ryan Ball

Brady Barnett

Ryan Blankenship

Drew Dickerson

Robert Ebernez

Terry Glass

Russ Gore

Andy Hall

Jeremy Harbold

Greg Jennings

Don Lomax

Justin Marquess

Duston Moore

Charlie Murphy

Michael Ohlman

Brian Pait

Tom Pugh

Robert Sherek

Eddie Walsh

Job Wilson

martin
11-21-2011, 12:39 PM

Group D

13 short pads

Billy Armes

Judge Blevins

Tommy Bronson

Dave Bustetter

Tony Caldwell

Jerry Collis

Bobby Cordy

Steve Dodson

Ralph Gallagher

Dale Helfrich

Dave Hood

Patrick Joyner

Ronnie Joyner

Roger Lawson

David Lewis

Johnny Malone

Chris Mersch

Shawn McGee

Jason Monhollen

Ed Murphy

Nick Murphy

Adam Naumann

Marc Nethery

Damon Ohlman

Mike Owen

Slade Rico

Steve Simpson

Roger Slaten

Mark Wampler

martin
11-21-2011, 12:39 PM

Group E

18 short pads

Ken Atkins

Ernie Borraga

Cortney Caldwell

Charlie Cartwright

Justin Denison

Mike Dilts

Chuck Dulmage

Ray Gile

Tom Glass

Joel Halbleib

Ed Ham

Ross Heichelbech

Steve Jones

Brian Lacefield

Kenny McAfee

Shawn McDaniel

Nancy Moore

Jim Pierce

Jim Reynolds

Phil Roberts

Brian Sanford

Robbie Shewmaker

Jason Woogs

Charlie Wright

Lauren Yurt

jobwilson82
11-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Martin, how did you set these handicaps?

martin
11-21-2011, 01:33 PM
combination of ratings, how much people play, what divisions people play, injuries, who i think can play straight up, and some guessing

no set standard

another thing to consider is the part that says how many short pads (means these players have the option to use that many short pads, they could play all the longs that they want, they just have that option top use shorts)

if anyone has any concerns, questions, or would like to see something change - contact me here or email, text, or pm me

JohnnyNoPants
11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Brian Lacefield should be in the D pool, he is right up there with me as far as play goes.

BLacefield
11-21-2011, 06:49 PM
No I'm not. John you throw like a pro. I am just a little ol ( AM ) player. I want 18 short pads, I throw more like Tommy glass.

captain plastic
11-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Good job Martin. I hope you win this thing. You deserve this
for all the hard work it takes to put this on.

Mike_D
11-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Martin where is Ernie B at on the list. I have gone over the list 4 times & either i'm blind or he isn't on the list

martin
11-22-2011, 10:07 AM
youre not blind - Sorry ernie I left you off the list - doubt he will be the only one...

Mike D - I made a mistake you are also in Pool E

Ernie Borraga - Pool E

NoPants - you got moved into Group D - somewhat based on you winning the Louisville Champion Series

weeman
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I've never thrown from the short pads. This should be an interesting experience. Kinda surprised I'm in Pool C but I'll take it. Looking forward to it. Thanks Martin.

martin
11-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Surprised Wyatt - should I move you to Pool B - would you be less surprised?

If anyone thinks they should step up - Move say from Pool D to Pool C and so on... Speak up - Be a Disc Golf Man and dont be bagging

weeman
11-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I'll consider stepping up my B game. I think its easier to manage the course and the handicaps when there's less of them but that may just be me.

jobwilson82
11-22-2011, 11:08 AM
So players choose the short pads THEY want to play?

LtDan914
11-22-2011, 11:11 AM
So players choose the short pads THEY want to play?

Correct. The player chooses which holes they would rather play from the shorts and which ones they would rather play from the longs.

martin
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Wyatt you are now in Group B

I updated the Rules on page 1 of this thread - with an addition of Short pad usage -
The secret is to know your own strengths and to play against your opponents weaknesses as to what pad to use in different scenarios.

mdwamp
11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Martin, I've only played SL twice. Does each hole have a short pad? If not, I assume you are marking short pads. Additionally, those that do have short pads, are you using those or marking your own?

JohnnyNoPants
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
youre not blind - Sorry ernie I left you off the list - doubt he will be the only one...

Mike D - I made a mistake you are also in Pool E

Ernie Borraga - Pool E

NoPants - you got moved into Group D - somewhat based on you winning the Louisville Champion Series

I'm good with the D pool. Come on Lacefield, move up here with me, bagger!

weeman
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Wyatt you are now in Group B

Cool.

martin
11-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Mark - yes every hole has a long and a short pad - the long pads are concrete and the shorts are rubber mats

For the final 9 every hole will have a short and long pad - for these holes they will all be grass tees

mdwamp
11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Cool, thanks.

klhall222
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey Martin, I would like to purchase a bag tag for this event ($25). Who do I send cash to ( is there a pay pal way?); or should I just get it up there?

I played a couple of league nights at CV as a guest. Kevin Hall # 41678 # 859-753-7344 (c)

I will definetly be there. at SL. This looks really cool

martin
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Kevin Hall has gotten one of the last available tags on the market and he is joining the guys in the B POOL

Bag Taggers one and all - I need 1 basket (preferably a metal one) for one of the extra holes in the final 9 - anyone have one that can be used for the tourney - let me know - either it can be brought up that day or I can pick it up in the meantime
Thanks

jworley
11-22-2011, 09:20 PM
When does one have to declare that they will play the short pad? If your last on the card and everyone shanks there drive then you can choose to play the short and get your point, or do you have to declare which pad before your card starts the hole? Never played a event like this so I wanna make sure I understand the rules.

weeman
11-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Jeff, you can declare it anytime before you tee off. So in the instance you gave, after everyone else shanks you can go to the shorter pad to increase your chances of getting a point. Typically everytime you use one of your 'handicaps', you just tally it next to your name on the card to keep track of them.

illyB
11-22-2011, 09:43 PM
I have a metal discatcher that can be used for the event.

themick
11-23-2011, 06:12 AM
I can bring my basket if needed

Mike_D
11-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Jeff, you can declare it anytime before you tee off. So in the instance you gave, after everyone else shanks you can go to the shorter pad to increase your chances of getting a point. Typically everytime you use one of your 'handicaps', you just tally it next to your name on the card to keep track of them.

True you have to pick the pad just before teeing off. BUT If you won the last hole you would be going 1st & not able to see how all on your card played

martin
11-23-2011, 10:02 AM
When does one have to declare that they will play the short pad? If your last on the card and everyone shanks there drive then you can choose to play the short and get your point, or do you have to declare which pad before your card starts the hole? Never played a event like this so I wanna make sure I understand the rules.

Jeff- wyatt and miked have answered the question fairly spot on -

A tagger simply must declare if they are using the long or the short pad at the moment it is their turn on the card to teeoff.
The cards will be seeded from the lowest tag to the highest tag. The only time the card order will change is when a point is earned and a hole as been won. If there is no winner on the hole the order on the card will not change.

jobwilson82
11-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Do points roll over from hole to hole as they do in Skins?

weeman
11-23-2011, 03:26 PM
They didn't last year, I'm not the one to answer about it this year.

LtDan914
11-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Do points roll over from hole to hole as they do in Skins?

If you win the hole you will get 1 point. No carry over.

Ironman
11-29-2011, 12:20 PM
So, if I'm understanding the proccess correctly...Players are assigned to a group, then Players are assigned what hole to start on by tag #?
So If I have Tag #1, I will be on Tee 1. Along with Tags 2,3, and 4.
And Lets say I am in E group and 2,3,4 are in A group, which means I play as many shorts as I want and they play the longs.
The opposite extreme could also happen. An A group player could have tag 100 and be playing agianst E group players and all starting on hole 18.

Is this they way thing will go, or am I terribly wrong.

martin
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Steve - I read your post twice - make sure I get this right - everything you said is correct except that the tag # distribution will be tee after tee

for example tee 1 - #1, tee 2 - #2, tee 3 - #5, tee 4 -#6, tee 7 - #12, tee 8 - #14 - all the way to hole 18 - then tag numbers will go from 18 to 1, then back again

so in the end it will look something more like tee 1 - #1, #22, #46, #4, tee 2 - #2, #20, #49, #70

every card will range from 3 - 5 players pending turnout for the first 18 holes

yes it is possible that a card could have all the same taggers from the same group or a card could have 3 -5 of the groups present

Ironman
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
I see, Thanks for the info. This could make for some very diverse groups.

martin
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
diverse groups is the idea - I have always strived to make the bag tags one of the few places in disc golf where the players can play all together

i detest the many divisions that are in place by the PDGA - I believe they only exist because everyone wants to be a winner

Disc Golf is about everyone playing the course to the best of their own ability - The Bag Tag Tourney is just that (with handicaps) - Taggers get the chance to compete against the course as well as against players of all skill levels that they may never play with all year long -

This is why when all is played out there will be one true #1 - lots of players - means lots of $$ - means lots of payout spots

G1nked
11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
I want to go ahead and thank Martin for running this once again this year and all the hard work hes done.
Sorry for the UK fans that will want to stay home and watch their team play a ranked team once again this year.

martin
11-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks Shawn

Saturday is looking to be as beautiful as the week can offer

heads up going to indiana - two options

I65 to I265 west to I64 west - all highway fairly quick - figure around a 30 minute drive

or you can try the shortcut where you cut through Clarksville and pop out on Spring Street through New Albany and get on I64 west - this route offers the best chance to get lost but can often avoid alot of traffic

I doubt the traffic will be that bad on Saturday morning -but pending other traffic issues always good to know of a second route

For those who choose the UK game over golf - have fun hope they win for you - just remember in this day and age you can always DVR

Mike_D
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
You got a better chance winning $$$$ in this then the lotto. some come on out & have some fun.

the forecast as of Hump day / 3 days out http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/40216?dayNum=3&&%22=

G1nked
11-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks Shawn

Saturday is looking to be as beautiful as the week can offer

heads up going to indiana - two options

I65 to I265 west to I64 west - all highway fairly quick - figure around a 30 minute drive

or you can try the shortcut where you cut through Clarksville and pop out on Spring Street through New Albany and get on I64 west - this route offers the best chance to get lost but can often avoid alot of traffic

I doubt the traffic will be that bad on Saturday morning -but pending other traffic issues always good to know of a second route

once you cross John.F.Kennedy Memorial Bridge. first new albany exit Brownstation Way through old clarksville and turns into Spring St which takes you all the way down to 64w not that easy to get lost. mainly best way to go if I65N is congested during rush hour. almost same amount of time either or so come on over to the sunny side of Louisville for the big finale. The Final 9 is a sweet layout something you dont get a chance at any other time of year.

Mike_D
11-30-2011, 08:03 PM
The Final 9 is a sweet layout something you dont get a chance at any other time of year.

Do we get to see this layout in any way shape or form before making the cut to the final ?

jworley
12-01-2011, 07:41 PM
I want to go ahead and thank Martin for running this once again this year and all the hard work hes done.
Sorry for the UK fans that will want to stay home and watch their team play a ranked team once again this year.
Is this supposed to be a knock? Only from a guy from Indiana funny how UK will go to your house to play but the hoosiers are afraid to come to Rupp.
I am really excited to play the format sounds like fun and it's new to me as I have never played skins. Is there any cost for the final or just show up with your tag. I only ask because I dont carry cash and want to bring the rights amount.

LtDan914
12-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I am really excited to play the format sounds like fun and it's new to me as I have never played skins. Is there any cost for the final or just show up with your tag. I only ask because I dont carry cash and want to bring the rights amount.

It is not really skins because no points carry over if a hole is tied. You only get one point for winning the hole no matter how many holes were tied before it. Also, I think the cost to play is just your bag tag.

martin
12-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Mike d - the final 9 layout will be available Saturday morning, I will have maps and distances
Also the long and short teepads will be marked during practice and first round
Jeff - no cost to play, your tag is your ticket
Players - don't forget your tag, no tag no play - a new tag is $30

weeman
12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Am I the only one that thinks its funny that the Louisville bag tag season ending event is not being held in Louisville?

Mike_D
12-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Am I the only one that thinks its funny that the Louisville bag tag season ending event is not being held in Louisville?

I don't think it matters. I think of LDGC as a Kentuckiana club. in all honestly we are all here for the same reason to play & enjoy disc golf

themick
12-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Go cats

OneTime
12-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't think it matters. I think of LDGC as a Kentuckiana club. in all honestly we are all here for the same reason to play & enjoy disc golf

Mike D! +1

Ironman
12-02-2011, 03:26 PM
It's gonna be cold tomorow. I suggest you bundle up with your winter coats.

JohnnyNoPants
12-02-2011, 03:28 PM
It's gonna be cold tomorow. I suggest you bundle up with your winter coats.

+1
You should all wear thermals and thick puffy jackets, along with winter gloves!!! HAHA!

(I might have a shot at some money if you all do!)

JohnnyNoPants
12-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Shouldn't Wampler be in the C group, lol? He did win the GPB, beating Russ Gore. Russ is in the C group.

jobwilson82
12-02-2011, 04:02 PM
How in the world is Bustetter in the D group?! That guy is a high C/low B!

mdwamp
12-02-2011, 05:13 PM
It was a fluke johnny.

Shouldn't Wampler be in the C group, lol? He did win the GPB, beating Russ Gore. Russ is in the C group.

Will Burke
12-02-2011, 05:31 PM
To answer all of you questions. You all suck and should all be in D group cuz I'm winning it all anyway!

Justin
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Go cats
Since so many people are giving out +1s, I give this a +1.

jobwilson82
12-02-2011, 06:36 PM
A fluke? You and Russ shot 8 and 7 strokes better than the field. In that vein, my win at the Pumpkin was a fluke and I wish to be moved to Group E.

It was a fluke johnny.

Mike_D
12-02-2011, 09:18 PM
my win at the Pumpkin was a fluke and I wish to be moved to Group E.

This might be true BUT lol you can only be bumped UP in class not down lol

noLowPuttsDave
12-02-2011, 09:57 PM
How in the world is Bustetter in the D group?! That guy is a high C/low B!

haha, Used to be sir, that's when I played a million times a month, in the past year since I've had my daughter, things have changed...and all for the worse. this past wedenesday was the first time I had played since the GPB. I shot a good round, but was fluke..my typical rounds rate between 820-860 on a good day any more..it sucks.

plus the baby weight messes with the follow through lmao

G1nked
12-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Move me up to B group I just stayed last night at a Holiday Inn Express.

Mike_D
12-02-2011, 11:17 PM
move me up to b group i just stayed last night at a holiday inn express.

lmfao

Kao
12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Good times today, thanks for making this happen Martin!

illyB
12-03-2011, 07:38 PM
ditto!

Mike_D
12-03-2011, 11:28 PM
A+ job putting this together Martin

CONGRATS to all the winners

klhall222
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Great work on the BT Martin! Your handicapping system spread the wealth very very fairly.
Next year all the A's have to throw one tee shot with her/is inferior/off hand on a hole of choice -NOT

Your time and thought are sincerely appreciated.

Oh, John A. you have a 6.3% chance of winning next year. It was a good time ribbing each other during the qualifying round. You, Tom, and Phil are solid guys....even though you root against the C-A-T-S "god" a little too much :)

Kevin H.

martin
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks everyone - it was a great turnout - thanks for everyones patience as the rounds took a little longer then I had anticipated

Thanks to all the KY players who braved the bridges and crossed into the northern territory they call Indiana.

Seviren is grateful for all the love - keep coming back the course likes to be played

I have lots of extra tags left over - If anyone wants one, two, three, or more let me know - I will have them with me for the next few months