PDA

View Full Version : FATPAD 2011 Results

Kao
08-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Here ya go: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/73899

Let me know if anything needs to be changed asap please.

Brandon Westermann I have money for you.

nick murphy
08-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Just so you know you need to change the first place tie to first and second.

jobwilson82
08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Is this the way every FATPAD is reported (with the Pro and Advanced Divisions)? It looks like players are going to get ratings based on their rounds.

illyB
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM
In the past no ratings have counted.

Kao
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Everything should be good.

martin
08-17-2011, 12:46 PM
kyle lynch is #33804

jeremy
08-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Is this the way every FATPAD is reported (with the Pro and Advanced Divisions)? It looks like players are going to get ratings based on their rounds.
You will have to make the PDGA aware of the fact that they were, indeed, doubles pairs. They won't report it any differently but it should be listed as a XB-tier as opposed to a B-tier and for that reason there will be no ratings.

jeremy
08-17-2011, 12:57 PM
....and HOLY CRAP! Ken Reed was there!?! Where has that guy been.

martin
08-17-2011, 02:04 PM
otter brings them back

I have to ask there are 100's of golfers in the area - what happened to everyone but the 32 who showed up (at least 8 of which arent from the Ville)

first tourney back at Otter Creek - and lets be honest this was the worst showing in the FATPAD history - im not mad - I am just looking for some thoughts on how the club can improve this event for the future - there were half as many teams as in past years

1. did you not know?
2. were you scared to play? should there have been an am/am division?
3. did the ticks scare you? _ I saw like 2 - did get a few chigger bites though
4. ?

jobwilson82
08-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I would have liked to play (and probably should have), but HB had a tournament in Henderson. The course is literally 5 minutes from my house.

martin
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
good reason - I know Henderson, KY and Nicholasville, KY both were holding events at the same time -

jeremy
08-17-2011, 02:33 PM
You guys know why I wasn't there but I can give opinions on why others weren't.

Lack of advertisement.

Last year's offering an AM/AM division temporarily ruinned the event idea of having a Pro/Am. From my understanding there is NO othe sanctioned event like it.

It might take a year or two but I think it will get back to normal.

Daniel
08-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah, the first I heard of it was just a few weeks before the event. It should be like the CVO or other tourneys that advertise months or even almost a year in advance.

I'm really into model car competitions (no jokes, please) and they start putting fliers out almost immediately after that year's show for next year. It's to allow the competitors to mark it down in their calendar, if they liked it enough to return. That's what I'd recommend, if it's possible.

MarcusGresham
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
I had other stuff going on. Plus, I didn't really have a partner lined up. Also, have a few other tournaments around it and a bit short on money.

illyB
08-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm curious why it's even a sanctioned event. With no ratings involved we are essentially giving the pdga a few hundred dollars so we can put it on their calendar. That, and the pro money earners get the extra cash added to their overall payout in their profile. Maybe I'm missing something...

Kao
08-18-2011, 11:50 AM
kyle lynch is #33804

I have re-uploaded the TD report with his number, thanks Martin!

Lack of advertisement.

This was my fault. It's hard to advertise for something when I had issues getting a date pegged early on.

I'm curious why it's even a sanctioned event. With no ratings involved we are essentially giving the pdga a few hundred dollars so we can put it on their calendar. That, and the pro money earners get the extra cash added to their overall payout in their profile. Maybe I'm missing something...

As far as I know this has always been a sanctioned event. I do like to look at things from different angles and this was brought up after the event while a few of us were recapping.

jeremy
08-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Really, it's always just been the noveltiy of being the only PDGA even of it's kind. It certainly doesn't have to be.