PDA

View Full Version : Proud father right here

Mike_D
07-13-2011, 11:26 PM
My 9 year old son Alistar ( who live in New Jersey full time ) Wanted to play a round of disc golf at C.V.. It's his 5th time playing, 1st time at C.V.

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/4654/img1839l.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/img1839l.jpg/)

He loves playing, practices in the back yard D.G. basket & asked to go out 1 on 1 today somewhere new.
He said it was to hard & really liked Otter creek & I.Q. better.

Markgo
07-14-2011, 10:02 AM
That's awesome!! Trying to get my kids interested in it. The teenager seems to enjoy playing, but I am not sure when I should intrduce my 7 year old to the game.

festis
07-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Michael started playing when he was 5. 9 years later and he's throwings Apes 450ft now. Caleb, my youngest, started playin last year when he was 8. He plays his first tournament this Saturday at the Bluegrass State Games. The Kentucky State Juniors Tournament is coming up so get them ready to go!

Mike_D
07-14-2011, 04:49 PM
My younger son Gavin is 6 & loves it. Just takes a ton of throws to get there

jamesmcc
07-14-2011, 10:50 PM
And a ton of Patience started Jd my son at 7

Markgo
07-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Right on. I will bring her with me when I play during the week. Can't decide between CV or IQ to start her at though. IQ is easier for me, but not sure how big of a difference it'll make to her, and CV is pretty which might help keep her interested. Any suggestions?

festis
07-15-2011, 10:43 AM
IQ is an easier course to play, but it is usually pretty packed and makes it hard to let kids actually take all the shots they will take. At CV, it might not be a good idea to tee off on three, but she should have all the time she needs to throw as many as she needs. Another suggestion would be to bring her into the store sometime. Caleb is usually here putting, or driving in the back. Something about being allowed to throw things inside makes it fun by default. After that, they start begging to go the course.

Markgo
07-15-2011, 01:18 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea!

Thank you

upfromtheashes
07-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I have 12 and 14 year old sons who I've been bringing to the course with me several times a year for about 3 years. Typically, if I'm going to just play a quick round locally, I'll ask them if they want to come along. Sometimes they do, sometimes they'd rather do something else. Just this past weekend I played IQ with my youngest (he's a scrawny little guy, only about 75 lbs), and he got his first two pars of his young career! It was a good day. =)

festis
07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Caleb tied for second, one stroke out of first. He had to play the 13u division since he was the youngest player there. He shot an 88 at Veterans Park, then tried to make a come back at Shilito, where he shot a 72 (won the card that round). He went up against two 11 yr olds and a 12 yr old.

Kao
07-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Caleb tied for second, one stroke out of first. He had to play the 13u division since he was the youngest player there. He shot an 88 at Veterans Park, then tried to make a come back at Shilito, where he shot a 72 (won the card that round). He went up against two 11 yr olds and a 12 yr old.

Thats pretty sweet!

Mike_D
07-21-2011, 05:21 PM
My sons age 6 has played Otter Creak, IQ & CV & in that order is what he enjoyed playing. Now we went out to play in the morning on weekdays to beat the rush & heat.

at OC he had a ton of fun & enjoyed playing
at IQ fun with some change
at CV hated it, no fun & said it was no way kid friendly

MarcusGresham
07-22-2011, 12:17 AM
at CV hated it, no fun & said it was no way kid friendly[/QUOTE]

There have been several times that I didn't find CV adult friendly, either.

Mike_D
07-23-2011, 12:22 AM
at CV hated it, no fun & said it was no way kid friendly

There have been several times that I didn't find CV adult friendly, either.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO