PDA

View Full Version : First Ace !!!

CJ_Rogers
07-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I've been playing for about 6 months now and have actually gotten pretty good for the short time I've been playing and the few discs that I have. I did not think my first ace would come so soon but about a month ago I started getting close on a few holes and then finally it happened.

I was playing with a friend who it was his first time playing disc golf and we got to the 16th hole at Iroquois. We were actually waiting for a group in front to finish the hole and my friend noticed all the names on the post and asked why. I told him how those were aces and that I was tryin to get my name on a post one day. I had thrown it left on this hole atleast the last 10 times I had played and I wanted to make sure I didn't do that this time so I made sure to throw it right. It barely missed a branch on the right and came back nicely to the left and I yelled "GO IN" and it banged the chains. I was more in shock then I was excited.

Come to find out I actually hit the chains so hard that I now have about a 2 inch crack in my Innova Whippet

mdwamp
07-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Congratulations!

MarcusGresham
07-02-2011, 04:29 PM
That first one feels good, doesn't it? (I'm still waiting to see how the second one feels.)

Justin
07-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm still waiting to see how the first feels. lol

MarcusGresham
07-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm still waiting to see how the first feels. lol

and I'm still waiting to see what a 900+ rating feels like

jobwilson82
07-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Whippet FTW

Justin
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
and I'm still waiting to see what a 900+ rating feels like

I'm sure it's not as good of a feeling as hitting an ace.

Kao
07-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Congrats!

I am still waiting for mine to come. Many times have I smacked metal and even blew up chains once.

On another note please dont tag the signs/post/baskets when you get an ace. Its vandalism that looks tacky and can even get courses pulled.