PDA

View Full Version : Live Memorial Coverage

Adam
03-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Live coverage just started today for the final round. If you haven't been watching, Dave Greenwell is one of the commentary and is doing a great job as usual. Definitely worth checking out on this rainy day.

Here's the link to watch live, you have to register on their website but it's free to watch, but donations are appreciated:
http://discgolfplanet.tv/

And here's the link to the standings and tee off times today:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/61927

Mike_D
03-05-2011, 07:54 PM
cool cool signed up & enjoy watching PDG on TV well my comp that's as big as my TV

kirvin2
03-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I was watching yesterday and all was fine until the women were on the last tee. Val Jenkins was about to tee off and everything went blank. I tried to reboot and other stuff but to no avail. Did this happen to everyone or just me?

Adam
03-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Happened to everyone. There was a solar flare and the broadcast went down just long enough for everyone to miss Paige Pierce winning on the last with a 3 while Valerie took a 4. It came back shortly after that. And they followed the Men's Open lead card through their entire round which was very cool!

jobwilson82
03-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Somebody here needs to let Greenwell know that the midnight purple shirt and 1994 Lightning bolt tie isn't working! Other than looking like a vampire, he does a great job!

Daniel
03-07-2011, 09:25 AM
The only suggestion I'd give is for everyone to ditch the sunglasses. They're great in life, but on TV they just don't work.

Other than that, I REALLY enjoy watching! It helps to "scratch the itch" I have to play...

Adam
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I thought the same thing about the shades, but there's good reason for them. Here's what Chuck Kennedy had to say about it on DGCourseReview (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30652&page=36):

I talked with Greenwell right after he finished the first day broadcast and mentioned the shades. Unfortunately, they couldn't provide the commentators a more shaded area and they had no choice to be able to see the monitors and what was going on around them. We talked about not using the word "stroke" which has unfortunately been co-opted from golf by many people in our sport even though the proper terms are either "throw" or the generic "shot" for disc golf. But he said it would be hard to change that terminology ingrained in his brain. (The word "stroke" has never been in the PDGA rulebook.)

Daniel
03-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Meh, it's a courtesy thing I guess. Kinda like when you meet someone, you take off the sunglasses to let them see your eyes. Maybe it's just me.

Seems like they could have placed the monitors in a different spot so that it could be more easily seen given the light situation.

MarcusGresham
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Small tip from my 8+ years in television---you get something to shade the monitor so that it doesn't have the sun directly on it.

Ironman
03-07-2011, 07:52 PM
How long till they get the re-runs up so those like me who missed it can watch it?