PDA

View Full Version : Work day

Adam
10-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Garry Cavan Park (Seviren Lang DGC)
Saturday, October 23rd
Starting at 9:30am

This is your opportunity to help get the new course ready and see the new layout! So come out and lend a hand! If you have any gloves, I recommend bringing them. And we could always use more loppers or hedge trimmers for the vines out there.

By the 23rd, we will have had another work day with the NAFC parks department to start getting new sleeves and tee signs in the ground. So the new course is getting very close to being ready to play. Don't miss your chance to help out and see the new course layout!

Terry Glass
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Adam, you have done some awsome work this summer on this course. I know Martin and Jeremy have lent their opinions too. Great job to all and much needed. I will try my best to help out on the 23rd.

That little guy and our future disc golfer Gavin Hartlage has taken the majority of my free time.

Gavin is twenty months old and can already throw an overhand roller. He prefers downhill and has gone about 100 ft. It is something to see.

Love that boy!

MarcusGresham
10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm going to try to get over there (if my wife hasn't found something else she thinks I need to be a part of.)

Airborne
10-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Adam, I would be there, but my nephew is getting hitched that day and it is something that I can't miss. I look forward to playing the new layout.

Adam
10-19-2010, 10:24 AM
We were out at the course with the parks department yesterday and finished up the last of the cutting and clearing we'll need their help with. I'm so happy to be done with all of that!

New sleeves should be put in the ground soon making the course playable. The parks department wants to get concrete pads in this fall also!

I hope everyone can come out this Saturday at 9:30am for the work day. There are a number of areas with debris right next to the fairway and we could use lots of hands to come help.

LtDan914
10-20-2010, 06:25 PM
I should be able to come out on saturday and work for a few hours unless something important comes up

thedrew3000
10-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I have to work on Saturday, but give me a call or text whenever you are going to be working on the course, and I'll be there if I can.

Sunspot
10-20-2010, 10:13 PM
I would have tried to make out there but I got to work this Saturday. Hope all goes fast and smooth.

Justin
10-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm not new to the sport, but would like to get more involved, and I believe I can make it out there. Where are people meeting?

Adam
10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the sport and the message board Justin.

That's a good question, let's meet by hole 1 at 9:30.

Anyone who shows up later can meet us towards the back of the park.

Adam
10-22-2010, 11:42 AM
The work day is tomorrow. I hear lots of people talking about wanting to give back or help out in some way. This is your chance to really have an impact on a disc golf course!

Please let me know if you are planning on coming.

Kao
10-22-2010, 10:43 PM
I won't be able to make it but I hope the turnout is good!

martin
10-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Work day tomorrow
Bring gloves - loppers
Lots of moving sticks and dead limbs
Come check out the new layout as it will soon be

Adam
10-24-2010, 10:13 AM
A huge thanks to the 14 people who came out for the work day! We got lots of work done and the course is looking great The parks department should be out there soon to start putting new sleeves in the ground. I'll post here when there's more news about the course.

MarcusGresham
10-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I think everyone's going to love it when it's ready to go. Little bit of everything---some long (and one looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong) holes, a few in the open, a few tunnels, doglegs left, doglegs right, upshots, downshots, wooded shots ("proud" to have been the first to take a chunk out of a tree with an errant drive when we played it on a temporary basket.)