PDA

View Full Version : Greenwell is USA's Captain for the President's Cup

jeremy
09-08-2010, 10:41 AM
This is the first time that a non-playing person has been nominated to be the captain of the US team and it's our very own David Greenwell. What an honor. Congrats Dave. This could be GREAT disc golf publicity for Louisville (and Kentucky) if given to the right media.

Here's a link. (http://www.usdgc.com/08/23/presidents-cup-comes-to-winthrop)

Kao
09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Thats pretty cool, congrats Dave!

Adam
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
That's awesome, congrats Dave and great shooting this weekend at the CVO!

lilfatguy
09-09-2010, 08:49 AM
can't think of any one who deserves it more you've done some much for the game thanks and congrats

J_VanOver
09-09-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm glad that the U.S. finally announced this. Team Europe announced their captain a while ago. Dave told me a while back and it sounds like a pretty cool gig. I know ball golf captains for the president cup have usually been the top guys and it's good to see it carry over to disc golf. Dave is definitely becoming the face of disc golf whether it be as an announcer or now the US coach.

captain plastic
09-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Dave is the man!
When out of town with him people
roll out the red carpet.

jeremy
09-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I really feel that he has been under appreciated in our city. He's won MULTIPLE World titles, been inducted into the Hall of Fame, he's world renowned for his ability to play, announce, and coach, the list goes on and on. He has generated so many headlines that COULD HAVE really helped this city get a grasp on what disc golf is but we've neglected to forward his accomplishments on to the media. He's a super star to the disc golf world but just another golfer in his own city.

martin
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
So true
I remember the first year I played the memorial in Arizona

While sitting with Dave - golfers kept tapping him on the shoulder to ask for his autograph

The top touring players of the day and the worldwide disc golf community respect Dave so much

He is one of greatest disc golfers of all-time - it has been an honor to throw with him and play his courses in the ville

There isn't a more perfect person to serve as the coach of the us team

G1nked
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Dave Greenwell is the man its simple to see this. Plenty of people only wish they could contribute positivity a tenth of what Dave has did in our area. Being in the sport only a year I can tell he is miles above the rest as a person, player and ambassador to the sport.
Congrats DLG you deserve it and a statue

Bubby Hill
09-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I've rarely played a round out of town and hooked up with strangers when they didn't ask me if I knew Dave. I can only think of one other person from Louisville that has accomplished as much in their particular sport as Dave has disc golf, Muhammad "The Greatest" Ali. Kick some rear end as our captain Dave!