PDA

View Full Version : BTO 2010 Results

nick murphy
08-08-2010, 02:09 PM
The results are up!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10369&year=2010&include_ratings=1#Open

If you find anything wrong please let me know. I'm going through and double checking making sure I did not make a mistake.

eric_g
08-08-2010, 02:41 PM
It looks like you didn't put in that the rec played different tees. Their ratings are the same as everyone elses

nick murphy
08-08-2010, 02:47 PM
It looks like you didn't put in that the rec played different tees. Their ratings are the same as everyone elses

I thought I put them playing from the short tees let me double check.

Got it fixed! I had only round 1 having the rec and women playing from the shorts.

jeremy
08-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Wow! What a turn out in Rec and WOMEN! It's good to see so many ladies playing.

G1nked
08-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks to each and every person that came out. What a class Act Nick and Ed put on this year not to mention that every women player got a payout so thats gonna mean even more women will be there next year. We want it to be a B tier next year and shoot for 150 people by adding a ton more added cash to entice the Pros and Im starting on that the minute we get a date for next years Hell the next year after lets go for A tier. Buffalo Trace is way to nice a course to have just one tournament a year there and Im going to work on making that happen.

Daniel
08-08-2010, 05:19 PM
What were the temp holes like? Hard? Deuce-able? PITAs?

illyB
08-08-2010, 05:27 PM
how many total holes were played?

Daniel
08-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Looks like 23 (par69)

martin
08-08-2010, 08:02 PM
23 holes
They were set up in front of the park by the lake in the toll house
first hole was an open 300 foot hyzer to a raised basket on a ridge
the second hole was a 280 foot hyzer shot down towards lake shooting around a tree from the fitness area
the third hole was a 280 foot flick up a hill or giant spike hyzer around a tree to a basket on a the ridge with a sharp decline behind
the fourth hole was a short open 270 foot hole that ran along the walking heading in the direction of hole one

Distance guessed - what's yours?

nick murphy
08-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm going to get the distances from Terry tomorrow or if he sees this before then he might be able to tell you.

Thanks for answering that Martin!

Daniel
08-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Cool. Sounds like nice extra holes. Probably 2 birdie opportunities realistically. (Maybe could reach all 4, but with the elevation/drop offs/elevation, you can't count on 'em all...)

J_VanOver
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Cool. Sounds like nice extra holes. Probably 2 birdie opportunities realistically. (Maybe could reach all 4, but with the elevation/drop offs/elevation, you can't count on 'em all...)

I dueced C & D the first round and B the second round. I would put all 4 as duece holes for IMs and up. Some Recs could get all 4 with a good drive and medium distance putt. I layed up on my putt on A on the second round but I could have gone for a 40 footer I guess.

I put one of the PDs that I got from you Daniel on hole B (circle 5 first round). Lake was back and to the right. It floated there for both rounds but when I went to get it after the awards ceremony it was gone. It either sank or somone swam out and got it. I was expecting it to hyzer in but it kept soaring.

Judge
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I have to agree that all four were able to be dueced. I got C & D both rounds but A & B would have been with the right throw. I had a 30+ putt on A the first round that i missed and i was just to short on B i think between 50 and 60 feet out.

Daniel
08-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I dueced C & D the first round and B the second round. I would put all 4 as duece holes for IMs and up. Some Recs could get all 4 with a good drive and medium distance putt. I layed up on my putt on A on the second round but I could have gone for a 40 footer I guess.

I put one of the PDs that I got from you Daniel on hole B (circle 5 first round). Lake was back and to the right. It floated there for both rounds but when I went to get it after the awards ceremony it was gone. It either sank or somone swam out and got it. I was expecting it to hyzer in but it kept soaring.

I told you those things just glide! I do have a S-Line (star) that is more overstable, but with just as much glide as the P-lines. It's one of the first runs. I also have other Ps, if you'd like another. That said, how do you like them?

Good for you for deucing those holes. They certainly sounded fun. I could probably get all 4, but realistically birdie 2 or 3 of 'em. (Gotta allow for a flub up!)

martin
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
they were all quite deuceable

I feel like the pdga ratings are a little off - I was figuring a 61 from the long pads to be a 1000 rated round

the rec scores seem low - despite the short pads

i'm guessing that after the ratings update at the end of the month - ratings might jump up to 15 points a round - maybe

Daniel
08-09-2010, 04:32 PM
So that's implying that the "normal" course ssa is closer to a -5 or -6? Wow.

G1nked
08-09-2010, 04:54 PM
i shot my first 890 round... do rec players have the oppurtunity to shoot a 1000? I have no clue how to decipher round ratings as of yet.. I know I beat some great names the first round so I guess a 890 is good.
Michael Olman, Ryan Ball, Jon Daniels those were some tough competitors and I was shocked to see I had a lead going into the second round which I didnt hold long over these great players.

martin
08-09-2010, 05:57 PM
I think the 19 hole layout is about a -6 ssa

As for your question shawn about a rec player shooting a 1000 rated round - sure they can
Divisions don't have any bearing on ratings
Take cv for example whoever you are, a 53 shot from the long pads with ob and mando rules being followed is considered a 1000 rated

With bt using all short pads - its a mystery I don't know how the math is done

Sunspot
08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks to everyone who put on the tournament. I had a blast.

i shot my first 890 round... do rec players have the oppurtunity to shoot a 1000? I have no clue how to decipher round ratings as of yet.. I know I beat some great names the first round so I guess a 890 is good.
Michael Olman, Ryan Ball, Jon Daniels those were some tough competitors and I was shocked to see I had a lead going into the second round which I didnt hold long over these great players.

Jon and Ryan were both on my card during the second round. They both shot very well. Jon commented that his best tournament round was his second round.

I missed some easy putts. If I was able to take all the bogie's away I would have shot a -10 overall. The biggest thing that hurts me is putting and consistency. I can pull off a good drive and miss an easy putt. I believe it's all mental.

As far as the temp holes are concerned, I think they were birdie holes.

Daniel
08-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Any chance that they'd be made permanent? I'd love to see the lake come more into play. Problem is the walking path--it's so close to the lake, it would make it difficult.

nick murphy
08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Daniel we are trying to get some more permanent holes.

Daniel
08-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Sweet. I love that course and more holes would be all the better! I would even say that the scenery rivals Freeman as one of the best in the area (can't include English--never been there).

If any help is needed, I will help any way I can.

G1nked
08-17-2010, 01:22 AM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=484744&id=809945136&saved#!/album.php?aid=484744&id=809945136&ref=mf
Heres some pictures from the Park Manager at Buffalo Trace of the Open

kirvin2
08-17-2010, 07:07 AM
The results page is blank. Does that mean the scores have been lost?

nick murphy
08-17-2010, 07:46 AM
No the results are not lost. The pdga has the results should be fixed whenever they upload the official results.

nick murphy
08-30-2010, 10:08 PM
they were all quite deuceable

I feel like the pdga ratings are a little off - I was figuring a 61 from the long pads to be a 1000 rated round

the rec scores seem low - despite the short pads

i'm guessing that after the ratings update at the end of the month - ratings might jump up to 15 points a round - maybe

You was right on this Martin a 61 was a 1002 rated round and a 60 was a 1011 rated round.

martin
08-31-2010, 01:22 PM
getting good at this