PDA

View Full Version : My first ace!!!!!!

ruhrohraggy
07-28-2010, 06:30 PM
So I played a round at IQ this morning that was interrupted by pouring rain for about 5-10 minutes and shot a -4, one of my best. I met up with Martin mid-round and then played a full round with him afterward. I had been -7 through 12 the first round this morning and then completely blew up with 4 bogies and a birdie to finish out. Going into hole 12 the second round I was at -6, convincing myself I wouldn't melt down again if I went to -7 on that hole. I thought my drive looked pretty good, and I only missed the little tree on the left by about 4 inches. I figured I would be down by the basket on the left side, but then we heard a faint ringing sound. I couldn't believe I had really hit it! My first ace, and I had to walk halfway to the basket to even see it in there! It was awesome! Threw a 179g '06 (baby) Roc. Once I can Bluetooth the pics off my phone I'll post 'em.

martin
07-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Fantastic shot - cut the first corner as tight as possible -

knew it was looking good and then there was that long delayed chain jingle

congrats again -

we had just been talking about getting aces just a few holes earlier and then it happens

so my last two rounds at IQ - i have been witness to an ACE - Reilly on hole 12 - and Wildt on hole 15 -

If anyone is looking for an ACE this year I seem to be a lucky charm - gonna start charging folks to play rounds with me, I suppose

Daniel
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
How much? Been 2+ years...;)

Congrats!

Hamilton
07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
congrats man!

we had just been talking about getting aces just a few holes earlier and then it happens
I almost had that happen at muldraugh last year, standing at hole 1 talking about aceing it, then banged off the front of the basket...

Adam
07-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Great shot and congrats on the ace!

If anyone is looking for an ACE this year I seem to be a lucky charm - gonna start charging folks to play rounds with me, I suppose

Are you gonna be at leagues tonight? I haven't got an ace this year so I'll put you in my group :D

G1nked
07-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Awesome shot thats no easy hole to hit. I just hit my first one on the 7th and then 10 days later on hole one my first throw of the day I threw a Champ Boss from the shorts and it hit center chains and fell out the back so I was glad it didnt hit because I would have shit myself if I hit my first two in ten days. Some people go forever with out hitting an Ace so I felt real good about nailing mine within the first year of play. Martin I got 5 bucks come on out!!

Kao
07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice shot David!