PDA

View Full Version : Pro Worlds 2010

Adam
07-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Scott shot a blazing hot 1053 his second round moving him up to 8th and just 4 strokes off the leader. Way to go man!

Billy came back round 2 with a 983 rated round, nice shooting!

After two rounds, Dave is in 6th in Grandmasters and just 5 strokes off the leader. Lots of golf left so I'm sure he'll be moving up soon.

G1nked
07-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Dutch shot a 1038 round today to tie for first in the B Pool great representing our area to all!
Scott, Dutch, Billy and Dave great shooting keep focused !!

chuck
07-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Not to mention Doc Rick RUNNING AWAY with the Senior Grandmasters! KY is representing well!

Adam
07-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Not to mention Doc Rick RUNNING AWAY with the Senior Grandmasters! KY is representing well!

Yeah, with an 11 stroke lead after 3 rounds it kinda makes him look like a bagger, move up :-D

Scott's still playing strong, currently in 10th place. Open plays one round on the gold course today.

Jim Ashton has shot a couple great 990 rated rounds and is moving up in Grandmasters. Great shooting! He and Dave are playing two rounds today, one on the red course and one on the blue.

Adam
07-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Dave Greenwell and Jim Ashton both shot 51's rated at 1005 for their first round today. They both moved up with that great round, but Greg Hosfeld is running away with the division.

Doc Rick has really pulled away from the pack now and has shot the hot round by at least two strokes every round in Senior Grandmasters.

Adam
07-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Sarah Stanhope from South Carolina shot a 1010 rated round in the Womens Open division to take the lead from Des Reading.

chuck
07-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, with an 11 stroke lead after 3 rounds it kinda makes him look like a bagger, move up :-D

So Doc Rick is already playing pro, should he try to get younger now? :razz:

Rhyno
07-29-2010, 05:17 PM
They all seem to be shooting well. Let's go Team KY. Good luck to all.

Adam
07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
So Doc Rick is already playing pro, should he try to get younger now? :razz:

He seems to be doing great for his age, so maybe he found the fountain of youth :-D

Adam
07-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Wow, there are lots of close scores right now.

Sarah Stanhope shot a 1010 rated round yesterday to jump into first, but Des Reading came back with a 1001 rated round to get her 1 stroke off the lead.

There's a 3 way tie for first in Masters.

Nikko, Ulibarri and Feldberg are one stroke off Anthon and Doss is just two back.

Doc Rick is still running away with Sr. Grandmasters and Raymond Carr is destroying the Legends with a 32 stroke lead :Ahhhh:

Adam
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Holy crap, we have a 3 way tie for first after 6 rounds between Anthon, Ulibarri and McCabe with Feldberg one stroke off.

In the womens open,Valerie is having a great round, she made up 8 strokes on Des but Sarah is still going strong in first place.

captain plastic
07-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Congrats Scotty!
USDGC bid.

Way to represent my friend!

scottyb
07-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Congrats Scotty!
USDGC bid.

Way to represent my friend!

Wow nice job Scott, extremely impressive. You beat some great names. :bravo:

PDGA#26039
08-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Thank you.

I don't know where that all came from. I wasn't playing or putting well leading up to the tournament. I struggled the week before and had no confidence in my putter. We didn't get into town until the Sunday before the event and most people had been there a while already. But once we got there, everything just felt right. My practice rounds were flawless, and I was actually a little worried that I had had these amazing practice rounds before the event, and that maybe those would be hard to match in the event itself. I got 3rd in the Skillshot competition the day before the tournament, and started putting really well.

Putting was the catalyst to my game in the tournament. It didn't matter where it was- it was in. Looking back at all of my rounds, I think I missed less than 3 putts inside 10 meters for the entire 7 round tournament, and made over 20 outside the circle. I developed a confidence out there that was unflappable. When I had a drive that I left 65' short, I wasn't upset because I knew it was still going in for a birdie. At that point, when you know you don't even have to park your drive or upshot, you suddenly have very little pressure on the tee, unless it's a wooded hole where you have to hit a tight line. When you have less pressure on the tee, your shots tend to be better. It was a vicious cycle of disc golf goodness.

I was also was very happy to get the #1 qualifying spot for the USDGC at the Worlds.
I had no idea at the start of this season that I would have 2 top 18 finishes in Majors this year. It's been a fun season for sure, thank you guys for pushing me along, thank you Dutch and Eric for beating me at Lebanon before the Worlds :) Without great local competition it would be a lot harder to prepare for these big events. Keep playing guys!

Thanks again, good to be home..

Scott

dustav
08-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Congrats Scott! Good luck at the USDGC!

Kao
08-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Very nice shooting Scott! Keep going strong and good luck!

Daniel
08-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Now we're going to have to go out for a round to show me all the tricks you've learned! ;)

Congrats!

eric_g
08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
No problem scott. Good shooting

Sunspot
08-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Congrats. It's good to see you represent well.

jeremy
08-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Wooo hooo! Nice finish man!

Sweat
08-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Your a hell of a guy, and not a bad disc golfer either! :)

G1nked
08-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I know a caddy for you at USDGC

Rhyno
08-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Congrats scott. Great shooting. Everyone from both clubs is proud of your accomplishment and wish you the best of luck in the USDGC.

Bubby Hill
08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Incredible week Scott. You destroyed so many players that were rated higher. Keep it going on through Rock Hill buddy. We're gonna try and get down there again and cheer you guys on. Great job!