PDA

View Full Version : pdga hambrick coverage

martin
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
LDGC long time member Bub Hill - has two photos on the PDGA site from this past weeekends NT in Ohio

http://www.pdga.com/key-holes-of-hambrick

Daniel
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
LDGC long time member Bub Hill - has two photos on the PDGA site from this past weeekends NT in Ohio

http://www.pdga.com/key-holes-of-hambrick

A little funny--I was looking through the pics and I couldn't find Bub's pics. Then I realized his real name must be John. Duh! :whistle:

Nice skip off the guard rail! :razz:

Bubby Hill
07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Great tournament, brutal course. Has more stressful tee shots than any layout I've ever been on. It pretty much owned me, but I had a great time. They really know how to put on a tournament.

Kao
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
It's always cool to see a local mentioned on the PDGA's home page!

Daniel
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Great tournament, brutal course.
That island hole (throwing down to the green) is crazy! Is it as difficult as it looks?

Bubby Hill
07-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Yes, especially if you throw in a little wind and about 20 spectators walking across the dam stopping to watch. Barry Schultz took a triple-circle 8 on that hole two years ago to knock himself right out of the tournament. Paige Pierce was leading the women's division by five throws after the first round saturday. This hole was her second hole of the second round and she took a triple circle 8 and was done. Very tough 180 feet to deal with.

wallnutz14
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
played in this event 3 times... throw a thumber on that hole and you can't miss. dueced it every time i played there. :D

Daniel
07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I saw video of Schick throwing on it...looks like he threw a predator or something of the sort. Is that the disc of choice (way overstable driver)?

Bubby Hill
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Most people throw a pretty stable mid-range (Roc, Buzz) and throw it pretty hard with some hyzer parallel to the hill. When you first go there and practice your instinct is to fluff something down there but the air will get under and carry it into the rocks, parking lot or spillway. One of the more interesting holes out there. Your tournament can't be won on this hole but it can sure be lost.

Sweat
07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
It was my best hole of the tourny, I put it 20 feet from the basket both times. I threw a Roc and let it hyzer n, but like Bub said you can't sissy it, you have to throw it.

Daniel
07-13-2010, 06:25 PM
How far down is it? It looks REALLY steep. Is it a permanent hole, or temp for the tourney? I'd love to head up there just to play it.

martin
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
It's on the temp course