PDA

View Full Version : Life lesson learned tonight

G1nked
06-04-2010, 12:27 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/G1nked/disctotheface001.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/G1nked/disctotheface002.jpg

I was playing doubles at Buffalo tonight and a kid ,my partner threw his upshot and hit me with a Champion Beast from about 45 foot away. Knocked my glasses off, spun me around twice. and I faded out and seen birdies for just a second and realized I just been clocked. I Thank God it wasnt a inch higher.
Scared the kid who did it to death he swore he would never throw another disc again and I told him accidents happen and to practice safety and play on no hard feelings.
So how was your day?

Daniel
06-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Holy schnikes! Glad you're at least semi-ok.

I've only been hit on the hand (really cold so it stung that much worse), but nothing like that! Wow!

jeremy
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeouch! I'll try to remember to post my pics from where Landon busted me in the side with a Boss. It didn't break the skin but it did a lot of damage.

So what was the lesson learned?

FORE!!!!

Adam
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Wow, that sucks man, I'm glad you're ok.

Daniel
06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeouch! I'll try to remember to post my pics from where Landon busted me in the side with a Boss. It didn't break the skin but it did a lot of damage.

So what was the lesson learned?

FORE!!!!

From how far away? A boss could do some SERIOUS damage...

G1nked
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Life lesson learned is that a catcher's mask may not be Standard disc golf equipment but it is now for me!!

eddy
06-06-2010, 11:49 PM
dang..that looks painful. i thought being hit on the front of the knee and leaving a gooseegg was bad. hope your good dude.

G1nked
06-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks yeah im straight its healed well in a short time just a little scratch now. When the PTSD resides Ill let you know!!

jeremy
06-07-2010, 09:37 AM
From how far away? A boss could do some SERIOUS damage...
I was about 100-150 feet away and he was crushing one on about a 600-700 foot hole. It hit me on the right "love handle" and immediately left a whelp. The next day (and for about a week after) I had a bruise the size of a volleyball.

Kao
06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks yeah im straight its healed well in a short time just a little scratch now. When the PTSD resides Ill let you know!!

Good to hear it is healing up quick!

I was about 100-150 feet away and he was crushing one on about a 600-700 foot hole. It hit me on the right "love handle" and immediately left a whelp. The next day (and for about a week after) I had a bruise the size of a volleyball.

Good lord thats a big bruise!

ralphieboy
06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I might still have some pics of when i got busted in the eye. I really think my glasses saved my eye. I thought everyone was done putting, even looked around, went in to grab everyones disc and BAM!!! driver bounces off my glasses spins around on my orbital bone? Bruised up good after a day or two and a lil cut. I no longer pick up anyone else disc and im usually last. Almost got hit by the same guy again a few days later. People either dont care or cant remember that smacking folks in the face with a driver isnt a good thing or they think its funny, im not real sure.

Also had a drunk bust me in the forehead while practicing putting. The guy threw knowing full well people were picking up discs. Of course im the bad guy for being pissed i get hit in the face by stupid or drunk or people who dont care.:fiddle:

captain plastic
06-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Drunks on the course. Welcome
to disc golf. You should see the ball
golf courses. Nothing like a lush on
a golf cart. HA!!!

illyB
06-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Sam, are you calling yourself a lush?

captain plastic
06-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Sweet Chuchi!

G1nked
06-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I might still have some pics of when i got busted in the eye. I really think my glasses saved my eye. I thought everyone was done putting, even looked around, went in to grab everyones disc and BAM!!! driver bounces off my glasses spins around on my orbital bone? Bruised up good after a day or two and a lil cut. I no longer pick up anyone else disc and im usually last. Almost got hit by the same guy again a few days later. People either dont care or cant remember that smacking folks in the face with a driver isnt a good thing or they think its funny, im not real sure.

Also had a drunk bust me in the forehead while practicing putting. The guy threw knowing full well people were picking up discs. Of course im the bad guy for being pissed i get hit in the face by stupid or drunk or people who dont care.:fiddle:

Cool lets me and u play doubles and I will watch your back you watch mine at least you know I wont hit you and you wont hit me.