PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Ridge (BankLick) & Idlewild

G1nked
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
These two courses kicked my ass today I have never seen such a monster course in my life I thought Veterans in Lexington was tough but Idlewild makes Vets look like Kroger's parking lot in my opinion. I shot 13 over pro par at Bank Lick on 24 holes then went to Idlewild and shot a 94 which I believe is 22 over pro par. I took 18 of those on the Monster 1001 footer if I remember right. Way to drop me off in the deep end. I can now say I officially have survived Idlewild from the long pads and do I ever mean long. One course would be proficient per day for me I was beat to say the least. For shooting both courses for the first time Ill take the scores with pride.

Thanks Steve Simpson I had a very sick time and when I regain feeling below the waist I plan on kicking you in the shin for running me thru the ringa today.

Daniel
06-02-2010, 08:35 AM
These two courses kicked my ass today I have never seen such a monster course in my life I thought Veterans in Lexington was tough but Idlewild makes Vets look like Kroger's parking lot in my opinion. I shot 13 over pro par at Bank Lick on 24 holes then went to Idlewild and shot a 94 which I believe is 22 over pro par. I took 18 of those on the Monster 1001 footer if I remember right. Way to drop me off in the deep end. I can now say I officially have survived Idlewild from the long pads and do I ever mean long. One course would be proficient per day for me I was beat to say the least. For shooting both courses for the first time Ill take the scores with pride.

Thanks Steve Simpson I had a very sick time and when I regain feeling below the waist I plan on kicking you in the shin for running me thru the ringa today.

Yeah, Idlewild will do that to you! When I first played it in 2000 (when it opened), it was NASTY. It was one huge bramble. I think my score was double yours! :shock:

I've played a bunch up there, as my brother lives 2 minutes from Lincoln Ridge. Isn't LR one of the most scenic courses? There are a ton of great courses in Cincy.

When and if I can get my body to cooperate, we'll have to make a road trip and I'll show you some more great courses up there.

captain plastic
06-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Welcome to real disc golf my friend.
If you can play Idlewild you can play anywhere.

G1nked
06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh my this is real disc golf? Im outta here.... nah I just kept throwing midranges and keeping out of the rough and on the fairways. I think with a few more rounds Idlewild would grow on me when it became more familiar but Lincoln Ridge is a sweet sweet course.
It would be an honor and privilege to play with you again Daniel and of course Sammy I hope to play a round with you as well some day even though im not on either one of your levels.
I would also like to play a round with Billy S. but hes a busy man and don't make it out my way to often.