PDA

View Full Version : New memeber dchillen

dchillen
05-25-2010, 10:27 PM
im dillon i just started 3 weeks ago playing disc golf and really enjoy playing. i disc golf with my cuz Ericka boy friend Troy Smith some might know him. Thats my disc golf all time lol partner. An i will have to owe it to him for getting me out and showing me the ropes of the game and giving me 2 disc to get me goin. Which i lost one ( Champion road runner clear yellow plastic) in freeman like were u got to throw actually over the cove so if for some reason you end up with it givew me a call number on the disc so give me a call.

In my bag so far-
Drivers (all Innova) - Champion boss tie die, Pro Katana (very good driver), Champion Groove given to me by Troy smith.

putter- Omega AP super grip by Millennum.

So i hope to be able to get out and meet up with other pdga players and play a round or 2.

dchillen
05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
for got to menttion i'm also cousin with nick murphy

Daniel
05-26-2010, 05:05 AM
im dillon i just started 3 weeks ago playing disc golf and really enjoy playing. i disc golf with my cuz Ericka boy friend Troy Smith some might know him. Thats my disc golf all time lol partner. An i will have to owe it to him for getting me out and showing me the ropes of the game and giving me 2 disc to get me goin. Which i lost one ( Champion road runner clear yellow plastic) in freeman like were u got to throw actually over the cove so if for some reason you end up with it givew me a call number on the disc so give me a call.

In my bag so far-
Drivers (all Innova) - Champion boss tie die, Pro Katana (very good driver), Champion Groove given to me by Troy smith.

putter- Omega AP super grip by Millennum.

So i hope to be able to get out and meet up with other pdga players and play a round or 2.

Need to get something slower than a boss and a katana since you are just starting. Those are NOT starter discs. Try a Roadrunner and a Roc for two starter discs. It will make playing more fun.

Hope to see you out there!

dchillen
05-26-2010, 07:26 AM
i have,, but wen i start somthing i get into it lol,, Road runner is the disc i lost in the lake lol thats why i bought the boss an katana,,, which i through good with,, not puttin wat u said down or any thing so please dont take what i said as disrespect.

Kao
05-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Daniel is right about using those as a beginner. The Boss and Katana both require more than 375ft of power (with fairway drivers) according to Joes Flight Chart. If you want to improve I would suggest using a midrange and putter to start out with. Once you get your form square you can move up to a slower fairway driver. This normally doesn't sound good to new people but it works. There are alot of disc choices out there and most of the new hi-speed stuff is nose angle sensitive and teaches newer players bad habits that are hard to break later on.

I forgot to link the flight chart so here ya go: http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/pdf/JoesFlightChart1.pdf?osCsid=d352a5d7d93e3667281bbb 2922f6a834

dchillen
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
i appriciate the suggestion and will consider them. But im pretty sure im all good lol an will admit i dont like the way boss fly's compaired to the katana, now thats a really nice disc.

kirvin2
05-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the sport and welcome to the group.

dchillen
05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
thank ya

Daniel
05-26-2010, 11:19 AM
i appriciate the suggestion and will consider them. But im pretty sure im all good lol an will admit i dont like the way boss fly's compaired to the katana, now thats a really nice disc.

No disrespect taken. I have played for 10 years and am just now able to throw a katana properly. I just threw it around 500' and THAT is the way that disc is supposed to fly, not 300' or less.

One of the best ways to get good fast is to throw ONLY PUTTERS on all shots. Once you can throw them straight, then go to slower drivers and move up. As Dave G and Ken Climo say, if you can throw putters straight, you can throw ANYTHING straight. That's the way I and many other players better than me learned.

Just trying to help you avoid the mistakes most new players make.

G1nked
05-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the addiction, I was all excited until you said you was Nick MMMMurphys cousin.

jk Nick is my boy him and Ed are the good people.
Have them get you over here to God's country and play Buffalo Trace and give me a call

dchillen
05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm going to second week of June some time through the week I'm sure. Because of the tournament he holds their. Troy an me are suppose to meet up with them and play, so i mean more players the better lol.