PDA

View Full Version : LONG #17 at Meade/Olin

jeremy
04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Pushed one all the way through the chains on from the long tee on #17. I threw the turnover route (which I NEVER do) with a glow orc and it hit dead center and fell out the back. Rrrrrrr!

Adam
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I guess the turnover route is the way to go if you nearly aced 17 from the long. Sucks it didn't go in.

Daniel
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Didn't realize there was a long 17 at MO...how much longer is it than the old hole? The old hole was like 280'ish, right?

weeman
04-20-2010, 07:28 PM
nice shoot jeremy. the long tee is back just in front of the road. i think its something like 340ft but i've only played it once.

G1nked
04-20-2010, 11:08 PM
yes about 60 to 80 ft longer and about 4 more mature trees with nicks from my discs is the only difference. you probably shot that blindfolded Jeremy, nobody likes a showoff!!:bravo:

Daniel
04-21-2010, 08:42 AM
That sounds like a great shot! Wahoo!

jeremy
04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah, the course has changed a bit, Daniel. After the tornado we added:

(All descriptions are as if you were standing on the tee facing the pin.)

An extra pin on one. (100' left and 50' back from original)

An extra pin on seven. (30' right and 60' back from original)

An extra pin on eight. (60' left from original)

An extra pin on nine. (30' right and 60' back from original, roads OB)

An extra pin and a mando on 13. (60' right from original)

An extra pin on 15. (30' right and 120' back from original)

An extra pin and tee on 16. (the tee is 30' left and 30' short of the original, the pin is 70' right of the original)

An extra tee on 17. (the tee is 30' left and 60' behind the orignal)

All the above items are complete and concreted in.

I'm currently looking at adding a new pin on three and 18. The trees that forced a roller on #3 are gone. It's a wide open shot to the pin. I'm going to add a tee that's about 50' back and 20' to the right of the original to force a slight turnover.

On #18 I've got a shorter tee in mind but it's a harder hole. It's about 50' short and 100' left of the original. It will create a blind shot to the pin and I'm trying to place it to where overhead shots will NOT be an option. It's a GREAT hole. I'm also going to elevate the basket on a mound about three feet and we're hoping to plant a few trees (hopefully dogwoods). It's going to be a signature finishing hole when we're done with it.

Daniel
04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, the course has changed a bit, Daniel. After the tornado we added:

(All descriptions are as if you were standing on the tee facing the pin.)

An extra pin on one. (100' left and 50' back from original)

An extra pin on seven. (30' right and 60' back from original)

An extra pin on eight. (60' left from original)

An extra pin on nine. (30' right and 60' back from original, roads OB)

An extra pin and a mando on 13. (60' right from original)

An extra pin on 15. (30' right and 120' back from original)

An extra pin and tee on 16. (the tee is 30' left and 30' short of the original, the pin is 70' right of the original)

An extra tee on 17. (the tee is 30' left and 60' behind the orignal)

All the above items are complete and concreted in.

I'm currently looking at adding a new pin on three and 18. The trees that forced a roller on #3 are gone. It's a wide open shot to the pin. I'm going to add a tee that's about 50' back and 20' to the right of the original to force a slight turnover.

On #18 I've got a shorter tee in mind but it's a harder hole. It's about 50' short and 100' left of the original. It will create a blind shot to the pin and I'm trying to place it to where overhead shots will NOT be an option. It's a GREAT hole. I'm also going to elevate the basket on a mound about three feet and we're hoping to plant a few trees (hopefully dogwoods). It's going to be a signature finishing hole when we're done with it.

I went there once just before the FATPAD in '08, after the tornado. I remember the course being decimated. It was sad, because it was such a beautiful, tree-filled park. It still is, but so many were taken down.

It's great to hear changes were made to accomodate Mother Nature's changes. I'll have to get out there soon to check it out. Sounds like it's more challenging than before. Certainly sounds like fun!

jeremy
04-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Here's some of the layouts and here's a key to understand them.

OT = Original Tee
NT = New Tee (meaning it's poured)
PT = Proposed Tee (meaning it's currently under design)

OP = Original Pin
NP = New Tee (meaning the collar is in the ground is it's now possible to have a basket there)

M = Mando

jeremy
04-21-2010, 10:46 AM

jeremy
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
#15 and #16.

jeremy
04-21-2010, 10:55 AM
#17 and #18.

Daniel
04-21-2010, 11:03 AM
16 definitely looks pretty cool from my perspective, as a FH type of guy! 17 looks like quite a shot! I guess it was dead straight, or did it flip a little after the trees on the right? Either way...wow. Nice shot.:bravo:

jeremy
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
There's a little more turn than what the photo represents. With the leave on the trees now it takes even MORE turn. I threw a hyzer flip shot with a beat Orc.

I don't know why those photos look so small. They're actually pretty big on my PC. The site must compress them somehow.