PDA

View Full Version : What's Going On?

jeremy
04-15-2010, 09:06 AM
So...what's going on in the club right now. From the outside looking in things are looking pretty stagnate. I made a post about a month ago about the CVO and how we would need a lot of effort poured into fund raising for that event yet there was only ONE $10 pledge as a response. I’ve got the ball rolling on this event again for 2010. Last year it was the biggest disc golf event (biggest payouts, biggest turnout, biggest media coverage, etc.) that Louisville has ever seen. We had a few of the world’s top ten golfers in our city and on our courses. Players from all over the country and even a player from Finland showed up to play. The CVO has done nothing but GROW from year to year. At the 2007 CVO we paid out $4100 (cash, prizes, CTPs, player’s packs) to the pros and $3480 to the ams. Last year we paid out $7745 to the pros and $4740 to the ams (plus the $960+ worth of bags donated by FADE Gear).

I've heard people rant that the LDGC doesn't allow people to help or make decisions yet I have BEGGED for help year after year. Last year the Greenwell family (from Elizabethtown) donated their time to help run the event and they’re not even a part of this club nor do they live in Louisville. I guarantee that ANYONE (with the exception of two people that screwed over the disc golf community so bad that they can’t be trusted) who has said that the club won’t allow them to help or get involved has either never been a part of this club or, at the least, never REALLY TRIED to be involved in the club.

Here’s your chance to help. Help raise funds for the CVO, help Nate run leagues, join one of the new committees formed by the club, just do something. There are great things going on in Louisville. Be a part of them.

Adam
04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
I've got your back with a caddy book again this year.

captain plastic
04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I will take a spot in the
old caddy book.

I will also house a crew of folks
from various areas again.

The course locals have always spent
a couple of days marking the course
and cleaning up. Charlie V. will be in
tournament mode.

PDGA#26039
04-15-2010, 09:41 PM
I'll take a $100 page in the caddy book ... "Affordable Landscaping"
I'll do all of the OB marking at CV for the tournament, pretty much like the "Louisville Classic". I'll also get Chick-fil-A on board again with coupons for a free sandwich for everyone at the tournament.

On a side note, I looked at the list of the 50 richest pdga events for 2009, it was in the latest magazine. I expected to see the CVO but it wasn't there. Curious why the CVO wasn't included. That's a list that some of the top pros use to gauge where to go the next year.

PDGA#26039
04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Can't wait to start working on Tom Sawyer too, I plan to put in tons of hours helping get that one in. Not sure when that will start yet, hopefully soon, I know we'll need a good fundraising effort to move things along.

Louisville would then have 3 courses!!!

Daniel
04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Can't wait to start working on Tom Sawyer too, I plan to put in tons of hours helping get that one in. Not sure when that will start yet, hopefully soon, I know we'll need a good fundraising effort to move things along.

What's this? EP Tom Sawyer? Really?

Sunspot
04-16-2010, 10:59 AM

Louisville would then have 3 course

Hey Scott, I live in the Lyndon area and can lend a hand if you need some help. Just PM me sometime when you need some help. I'll try to clear a day(s) where I can get out there.

jeremy
04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
On a side note, I looked at the list of the 50 richest pdga events for 2009, it was in the latest magazine. I expected to see the CVO but it wasn't there. Curious why the CVO wasn't included. That's a list that some of the top pros use to gauge where to go the next year.
I was bummed about that too. That was my goal. I didn't study how it was broken down (to determine the richest) but, for the pros alone, we added $2950 (cash) to the purse, gave out $1025 in players packs, $200 on CTPs, and $100 for the trophy. Plus gave four bags to the pros so theres another $240+. I'd like to get in that top 50 but it's going to take a LOT of help.

J_VanOver
04-16-2010, 01:24 PM

Before anyone gets overly excited I will try to explain what is going on.

1. The course design is complete
2. A course map has been created and will be part of the presentation
3. Dave Greenwell and I have met with the Tom Sawyer park director on multiple occasions to discuss the possibility of installing a course, the area of the park that we could work on (which moved to different areas), and the latest meeting was Dave walking the park director and myself the final layout.
4. I am working on the presentation to present to the Park Director for his review and then present to the parks department in Frankfort since it is a state park. The course HAS to be approved by the state department before ANY work can be started on the course.
5. I am hoping to send the presentation to the park director today or Monday.
6. Once we get approval we will start the process of scheduling work days and fund raising.

That is it. Please do not call the park director to try to push him to approve it or push it faster. He has already given the ok to make the presentation to Frankfort. Also do not harass him about the design, funding, or anything else. Right now it is a tightrope that we are on and Dave and I have put in a lot of hours at getting this course approved and designed to be sidetracked or derailed by people who think they are helping. Please wait until Dave or I post something on the message board on if the course is approved. I promise you that Dave and I are working hard on getting a new course in Louisville and it doesn't matter which club is doing it even if it is not affliated with any club. We are just expecting people (from both clubs and non-members) to work hard once we get the approval to proceed. Just to give you the about of time that has gone into this project, I first started talking and meeting with the park director since last August and Dave has spent countless hours walking the park. Again, please do not do anything to jeapordize this even if you think that you are trying to help.

Bubby Hill
04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Excellent work Dave & Jason. A Sawyer course would be a natural fit for Louisville. And Jeremy, put me down for another $100 caddy book or hole sponsorship.

Daniel
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Before anyone gets overly excited I will try to explain what is going on.

1. The course design is complete
2. A course map has been created and will be part of the presentation
3. Dave Greenwell and I have met with the Tom Sawyer park director on multiple occasions to discuss the possibility of installing a course, the area of the park that we could work on (which moved to different areas), and the latest meeting was Dave walking the park director and myself the final layout.
4. I am working on the presentation to present to the Park Director for his review and then present to the parks department in Frankfort since it is a state park. The course HAS to be approved by the state department before ANY work can be started on the course.
5. I am hoping to send the presentation to the park director today or Monday.
6. Once we get approval we will start the process of scheduling work days and fund raising.

That is it. Please do not call the park director to try to push him to approve it or push it faster. He has already given the ok to make the presentation to Frankfort. Also do not harass him about the design, funding, or anything else. Right now it is a tightrope that we are on and Dave and I have put in a lot of hours at getting this course approved and designed to be sidetracked or derailed by people who think they are helping. Please wait until Dave or I post something on the message board on if the course is approved. I promise you that Dave and I are working hard on getting a new course in Louisville and it doesn't matter which club is doing it even if it is not affliated with any club. We are just expecting people (from both clubs and non-members) to work hard once we get the approval to proceed. Just to give you the about of time that has gone into this project, I first started talking and meeting with the park director since last August and Dave has spent countless hours walking the park. Again, please do not do anything to jeapordize this even if you think that you are trying to help.

Again, is this EP Tom Sawyer? There are a couple of Sawyer parks here...

J_VanOver
04-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Again, is this EP Tom Sawyer? There are a couple of Sawyer parks here...

Yes. The one off of Wesport Road. I believe there is only one "Tom" Sawyer State park in Kentucky. The other Sawyer park that I know of is AB and is not a State park.

3. Dave Greenwell and I have met with the Tom Sawyer park director on multiple occasions

Daniel
04-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Yes. The one off of Wesport Road.

I was making sure...there are several Sawyer parks. I didn't want to be mistaken.

Great work! I'll be able to help out as my body allows, as I live 5 minutes from there! Wahoo! I know it's prelim, but still...it's exciting.

If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to use me, OK?

captain plastic
04-16-2010, 04:41 PM
This is exciting news.
I may have to move to that area of town if a course
really does open there.

PDGA#26039
04-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks Jason, glad to hear the status of things, great work. Whenever it gets rolling I'll help out a ton, you have my word.

Sawyer is a great part, with lots to offer. If you havn't been there check it out sometime.

sublyme
05-08-2010, 10:50 AM
O wow EP?! Thats Awesome!! I used to go there often but with this in the works i will be returning for sure!

Russ
05-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I've heard people rant that the LDGC doesn't allow people to help or make decisions yet I have BEGGED for help year after year. Last year the Greenwell family (from Elizabethtown) donated their time to help run the event and they’re not even a part of this club nor do they live in Louisville. I guarantee that ANYONE (with the exception of two people that screwed over the disc golf community so bad that they can’t be trusted) who has said that the club won’t allow them to help or get involved has either never been a part of this club or, at the least, never REALLY TRIED to be involved in the club.

I sure hope that wasn't being directed at me. I would be more than glad to prove you wrong on this one!

I have helped run the Z-Glo on 4 different occasions
I have helped with the CVO
I Helped run the Louisville Classic (just a month or so ago)
I have run numerous non-sanctioned events and fundraisers for the LDGC
I have helped run the Fat Pad
I have sat out on numerous occasions to take Pictures for events
I have helped with the Install of Tee Pads at Muldraugh, Buffalo Trace, Charlie Vettiner, and Iroquois.
I have been a Paying member of the LDGC for 10+ years
I have donated countless discs to the club and to golfers carrying one disc on the course.
I ran leagues until I was wrongly accused of stealing money, yet the LDGC's wonderful Lawyer did not show up to the court case 4 months in a row and had to be subpoenaed by the city! When he did the money was handed to him without even seeing a judge! Than without being asked, the Polar Bear Leagues that myself and Sparrow started was turned over to Nate(the guy who likes to put Russ in his place when he isn't man enough to say his opinions to their face).

Outside the LDGC....
I have helped Run the First annual Allstars Weekend
I have helped run the Pumpkin Bowl
I am the current Pool A TD for this years Lexington open
I am the Co-TD for this years AllStars weekend
I have helped in set up for the Freeman Lake open several times
I have helped with the Buffalo Trace tournament
I have helped twice with the running of the Lebanon Open
I have helped with both years of the Disconformity Tour in Lebanon
I helped get the Disc Golf United (DGU) system in place
I Help run Tuesday night singles and Friday night Doubles
I Drew this years print for the Allstars weekend

Did I miss anything?
Man, I'm a horrible guy for helping to grow this sport:razz:

Adam
05-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I sure hope that wasn't being directed at me.

Did anyone mention your name in this thread or you just assume everyone's talking about you? If you look at the date of Jeremy's post you'll see he posted it long before your most recent return to the board where you started raising h3ll again.

Although after rereading there is one line in there that might apply to you. :whistle:

CHAIN BANGER
05-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Well I am glad that I am not a paying member. If I was Paying a Vice President to insult me
I would probably have to do something about it. Wow, grow up. You are an officer of a club, a public official act like it. You should not be condoning these actions much less partaking in them. I would be embarrassed. I think you owe everyone an apology.

Adam
05-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Sorry.

Just callin it like I see it.

martin
05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
sorry chain banger - but the vice president in the louisville club - doesnt get paid

G1nked
05-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I know what you are but what am I?
Takes one to know one

refer to the post about living in the now. The past is just that and the future is what counts.

Dick Stout
05-14-2010, 11:59 PM
I ran leagues until I was wrongly accused of stealing money, yet the LDGC's wonderful Lawyer did not show up to the court case 4 months in a row and had to be subpoenaed by the city!

I haven't posted here in a few years since I no longer live in Kentucky, but I still support the LDGC and think that the Louisville disc golf community needs to know that the above statement is a lie. In 2006-2007, Russ ran the LDGC Polar Bear League for the entire season and then tried to keep over $400.00 that he had raised on behalf of the club. He clearly stated in an email that it was his money and that he didn't have to give it to the club. I was the VP at the time, so I took all of the emails to the Jefferson County Attorney's Office and a prosecutor charged Russ with a felony. There was not a four month delay in his court case and I was not issued a subpoena. At his initial appearance, he gave the prosecutor the money and I accepted it on behalf of the club. I then agreed to drop charges because I didn't want to see Russ stuck with a felony.

I was happy to not publicize the incident so Russ could save some face, but if he is now going to tell lies to the Louisville disc golf community then I must tell everyone what really happened.

Russ
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Well Dick......Since you still want to make it sound good on your part(Lies), lets talk Legal issues. You may have just been instrumental in exposing all of the illegal things your Louisville disc golf club do.
1) The Louisville Disc Golf Club is in no way anything other than just that, a club(tree house). They have no legality in this city or state. There is nothing legal about them. Everyone's money is deposited in someone Else's personal bank account(or at least it was). You have meetings and less than 10 people show up. You have a yearly vote and its done with the handful of members that show up and done by show of hands, not the legal way by ballots.
2) the By-laws were written by one individual, therefore making them illegal. they were also amended by one individual therefore making them illegal yet again. It takes a committee to write by-laws not just the president of your club. It also takes a 2/3 vote by that committee to amend said by-laws.

Need I say more?

So exactly what is this club? Where do they fit in with the community and what have they done for it, other than take money from hard working tax payers to pay someone for a course design fee!

and while I am sitting here typing this.....I have Jeremy Watts sitting in this exact same forum watching my every move....waiting to pounce!!!! You guys are a joke!!!

Russ
05-17-2010, 11:35 AM
By the way I forgot to tell everyone about the lies you fed myself and Sparrow about running the Polar Bear Leagues( Which you have never asked permission to use. That name belongs to Sparrow and myself, do not use it anymore from this point forward). We were told that we were not allowed to run leagues without the permission and affiliation of the LDGC(LIE). We were told we would have to take at least $1 from everyone to give back to the LDGC(LIE). Anyone can run leagues at any time. Anyone can do so without the backing of either club.

Guys and girls.....don't let these people feed you lies anymore or brainwash you into believing them, they say what they want you to hear! Thus the reason for the AllStars disc golf club being formed(no more Lies). They also boycotted and lied to the entire city about the original Allstars weekend that was held roughly 5 or 6 years ago. we were all told that the guy who organized the tournament had done so illegally and that he also moved the baskets illegally (LIES AGAIN). The tournament happened and close to 100 out of towners showed up and played, yet no one from the Louisville area was present because we were all lied to. That would have been my very first PDGA tournament....instead I was lied to and did not enter!!!! How many more lies can you all come up with!

jeremy
05-17-2010, 12:13 PM
We were told that we were not allowed to run leagues without the permission and affiliation of the LDGC(LIE). We were told we would have to take at least $1 from everyone to give back to the LDGC(LIE). Anyone can run leagues at any time. Anyone can do so without the backing of either club.
Yes, anyone can run a league, but when you advertise that you're doing it for a club and then keep the money that's called be deceptive, lying, and stealing.

They also boycotted and lied to the entire city about the original Allstars weekend that was held roughly 5 or 6 years ago. we were all told that the guy who organized the tournament had done so illegally and that he also moved the baskets illegally (LIES AGAIN). The tournament happened and close to 100 out of towners showed up and played, yet no one from the Louisville area was present because we were all lied to. That would have been my very first PDGA tournament....instead I was lied to and did not enter!!!! How many more lies can you all come up with!
No one boycotted those tourneys. If you would have said that no one trusted the TD that would have been a LOT more acurate. The events following those tournaments proved the TD's trustworthiness.

2003 Allstar Tourney (http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=3713#Open) = 43 players, at least half of which were from the surrounding area.

2004 Allstar Tourney (http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=4518#Open) = 39 players, at least half of which were from the surrounding area.

What tourney did the "100 out-of-towners" play in?

Note: The current Allstar DGC had NOTHING to do with these two events so PLEASE do NOT pass judgement on the current club based on anything that I said.

GetEmWet
05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I thought PMS only lasted a week????:smile::smile::smile:

GetEmWet
05-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Did you know your IQ, for your lifetime, is determined by the age of 8?

Russ
05-17-2010, 03:40 PM
How would you know Jeremy? Here we go again with the half truths....you were not even involved in local disc golf when the first tournament happened!
Second the TD for those two tournaments is the same TD that ran last years! He is also one of the founding members of the ALLSTARS disc golf club.....wanna tell anymore Lies or half truths that suit you?

And Nate...your faithful CVO TD for this year......guess I need to inform the public about how he put me in my place cause I'm not man enough to give my opinions in person during a PDGA sanctioned tournament.
Top notch bunch of guys you all have here at the LDGC!!!!

Keep up with the ganging up on me please! Im having all kinds of fun watching you all create your own demise! Guess none of you law abiding citizens have ever heard of internet bullying! Please keep it coming! Its 1 against the whole club!!!

jeremy
05-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Alright...that's quite enough. You can keep spouting off garbage and I can keep correcting you for eternity but you have wasted a lot more of my time than I should have ever allowed. Believe whatever you want, Russ, I'm NOT going to allow you to spread malice lies on our board anymore. I've recieved multiple PMs, emails, and phone calls asking to delete this garbage, ban you from the site, or ban you from the board. I don't have permission to do that but I do have permission to go back to zero tolerence of negative bahavior on this board. If you have such hatred for me call me or email me and tell me all about it. If you have such a distaste for the club ask for your money back. No one wants to read this crap. Any further nonsence will be deleted.